Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 93hatcheg
#200919 ok so what everybody using when they shave there bays??

i know teal_dx used usc icing but i looked that up and it says its for minor things and best used over a body filler.

will regular old bondo work?

and whats the best brand or type of bondo. basically whats everybody else using?

i wanna be safe and do it right cause after im done and painted i will pissssed if it cracks haha as anyone would.
By teal_dx
#201207 I wouldn't use cheap old bondo. You already know what I used :thumb:
I have one place that a weld cracked and it is on the top of the strut tower where the most stress is seen in the engine bay. The rest of the Icing has never been a problem.
By Benj
#201212 you want to use a bondo that resists heat. reg bondo will work for a while but then it will crack and fall off and all your hard work is out the window, shitty i know, but spent the money and you will for ever love your hard work
By 93hatcheg
#201270 ok cool then im glad i asked. bondo is out and its usc icing like teal used. :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#201313 my only question teal is that with the usc icing does it come in gallon size or what? like how much did you use and where did you buy it?

that would be greatly appreciated as my car is ready for icing. i sanded everything with 180grit so i know the icing will bite :D

all lefdt to do is wipe down the entire bay with laquer thinner to get a perfect clean before doing the shaving haha. i think while im waiting for the info on the icing im going to grind the back sides of the welded areas in the wheel well weld up the back too so that its less likely to crack :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#201346 so if im corerct then this works the same way as ol bondo. place a desired amount on a peice of plastic mix in a hardner until its a uniform color and spread before it dries. im just gonna order 2 of the big tubes i think they come in like a 20oz and 36oz tube?

anyways check out my build thread for updates ha i haven been keepin it up to date :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#201395 ok cool man i appreciate it! im gonna order 2 of the 24 oz tubes from summit racing, they are 30$ a pop tho but whatever.

on another note teal can you tell me exactly what parts you bought and from where to convert your fuel line or should i start another thread for it or is it listed on your build thread??? im gonna convert mine and get rid of the crappy firewall mounted fuel filter
By 93hatcheg
#201416 hah just kidding my local car quest has 2 tubes :) so im gonna go buy those