Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By i8umup
#199352 never tried so im not sure whats the best way to go about sprayin my hatch camo. like blue,white and grey camo. has any one on here done a camo paint job and tips tricks?
By mistergou
i8umup wrote:never tried so im not sure whats the best way to go about sprayin my hatch camo. like blue,white and grey camo. has any one on here done a camo paint job and tips tricks?

they do make vinyl that you could use first to try an see if you like it

By Chance
#199902 Depends on how much work you want to put into it... if you want to do it the easy way. Just spray a base coat (white) then free hand spray random shapes of blue and gray over it.
Or you can tape off the shapes to make them more detailed.
or you can purchase the vinyl.
By Vti93T
#199908 not a hatch but just shows how it would look if you spray painted it crappy lol
By Chance
#199910 Here's another free hand can job....

By plusplusgive
mistergou wrote:
i8umup wrote:never tried so im not sure whats the best way to go about sprayin my hatch camo. like blue,white and grey camo. has any one on here done a camo paint job and tips tricks?

they do make vinyl that you could use first to try an see if you like it

i have seen some that look bad, but i actually like this one
By i8umup
Vti93T wrote:not a hatch but just shows how it would look if you spray painted it crappy lol

this is what started me wanting me to spray my hatch like this when i seen your photoshoot with your friend.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=103 ... light=camo

his paint has really faded. did he just use primer? or did u photoshop it?
i bought high gloss rustolem paint and have plans to clear it in the end i wonder if this will change the outcome?
By Chance
#200041 Looks like 'Flat/primer' to paint it. Not sure how glossy camo will look.... this one looks semi glossy... :?

By jayEGR
#200072 i wouldnt do it looks crappy ..but if ur an army boy or what ever i understand
By mistergou
Chance wrote:Looks like 'Flat/primer' to paint it. Not sure how glossy camo will look.... this one looks semi glossy... :?

this is one of the better camo paint jobs i have seen :thumb:
By cody27
#202043 if your going basic old army camo a quick google search will turn up some shapes/stencils so it doesnt look as craptastic as some of the jobs posted, or theres the more life like camo where ya can use actual leaves and such but if you want it to look good take your time, being more into the 4x4 world ive sene plenty of approaches to camo and the final product depends on the effort put in to it

as for basic paint layers, start with the lightest color first and darkest color last
By speedracer1094
#202376 That eg looks bad ass. Makes me think about doing that to my eg8 hmmmm..... :?
By TrailerTrash
#202415 http://events.cardomain.com/Carlisle-Pe ... 57/1926258
http://events.cardomain.com/Carlisle-Pe ... 57/1926259

heres a couple local cars at the Performance and Style show in Carlisle last month. i dig it
By Snooch to the Nooch
#207637 [smilie=director.gif] IMO you should check out a off-road truck forum , simply because them boys love doin it to their trucks. The ones I've seen seem pretty on point, not splotchy like those other pics. :thumbdown: