Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ct126x
#195372 Need some pictures of your hids on stock eg headlights. Don't have the funds for a retrofit yet, so I need to see just how bad the scatter is. I searched around and all i could find were retrofit pictures. Thanks :thumb:
By chilango41
#195406 8k worked pretty good for me.
I never got flashed or honked at, so I dont think I was causing too much glare.
By ct126x
#195410 Color temp is not the problem. I just want to see the light output on the ground to see how much the light scatters
By Ajax1989
#195421 i have 8k wit black housing headlights.. i'll get a pic tonite for ya :thumb:

they scatter, but i really dont get flashed, i just ppl wit high beams they leave them on instead :lol:
By Ajax1989
94_jdm_ferio wrote:i have 8k wit black housing headlights.. i'll get a pic tonite for ya :thumb:

they scatter, but i really dont get flashed, i just ppl wit high beams they leave them on instead :lol:

here you go its with black housing headlights :thumb:
By egsedanguy
#196978 got mine for 80 bucks wit life time. plug n play. 10k bulbs. the bulb came with a half circle around the bulb that was crome to help prevent the scatter. to be honest they dont scatter any more than the stock did.
By ct126x
egsedanguy wrote:got mine for 80 bucks wit life time. plug n play. 10k bulbs. the bulb came with a half circle around the bulb that was crome to help prevent the scatter. to be honest they dont scatter any more than the stock did.

Where did you get yours and what brand? The only thing holding me back from purchasing my HID is my freaking headlight. I cant get the damn thing to aim. No matter how many times I adjust it (turning the gears with a philips screwdriver) it doesn't move the actual light at all. I made a thread on it but nobody is replying :thumbdown: I'm missing the retainer clip that holds the bulb in place if that makes any difference.
By Ajax1989
#197207 my hids have the same half circle too.. mine are onex and i got mine at the local stereo shop for 100 installed :thumb:

and about the headlights they might be broke, you should invest in some new headlights, you cane get the black housing like above, or stock or jdm.. but when you do get them honda uses a h4 bulb :thumb:
By ct126x
94_jdm_ferio wrote:my hids have the same half circle too.. mine are onex and i got mine at the local stereo shop for 100 installed :thumb:

and about the headlights they might be broke, you should invest in some new headlights, you cane get the black housing like above, or stock or jdm.. but when you do get them honda uses a h4 bulb :thumb:

If I buy new headlights, say the jdm blackhousing ones...would they come with the metal looking clip that holds the bulbs in place? Do I actually need that to aim the headlights?
By Ajax1989
ct126x wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:my hids have the same half circle too.. mine are onex and i got mine at the local stereo shop for 100 installed :thumb:

If I buy new headlights, say the jdm blackhousing ones...would they come with the metal looking clip that holds the bulbs in place? Do I actually need that to aim the headlights?

i had my hids b4 i got the blk housin headlights, so all i did was throw them(blk housing) on the car and put the hids in and called it bitchin, i really dont get flashed and i have not been pulled over yet for them(knock on wood)..
so i didnt adjust them

but yes they come wit the metal clip that hold the bulb in, and the blk housing has city lights too :thumb:
By ct126x
#197212 ^awesome thanks. I guess I have to buy new headlights now. Do they differ from brand? Glass/Plastic? Just trying to get my moneys worth :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#197218 stock and the blk housing are glass.. (which i perfer cause they dont oxidatize)
and the real jdm headlights are plastic..

i got my blk housing wit amber corners for 125$$
Last edited by Ajax1989 on Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ct126x
94_jdm_ferio wrote:stock and the blk housing are glass.. (which i perfer cause they dont oxidatize)

i got my blk housing wit amber corners for 120$$

That sounds reasonable, where did you get it from?
By Ajax1989
ct126x wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:stock and the blk housing are glass.. (which i perfer cause they dont oxidatize)

i got my blk housing wit amber corners for 120$$

That sounds reasonable, where did you get it from?

http://www.momentumii.com/zencart/index ... cts_id=193

here is where i got mine, he ships, but i picked mine up local
if you do get these tell him aj sent you :thumb:

his number is 909.900.7117
and his name is paul
By ct126x
#197225 Cool thanks