Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Gorveatt
Blk95coupe wrote:On my Coupe all mine light up :?

Cause coupes come stock like that
By Blk95coupe
Gorveatt wrote:
Blk95coupe wrote:On my Coupe all mine light up :?

Cause coupes come stock like that
O what the hell lol and they could make hatchs come like that too lol Honda scares me some times :thumbdown:
By JUICE
#100739 all mine light up on my hatch.... i know they're all on while running. they stay on when i hit the brakes...this isnt how USDM came?? doesent look rigged up...
By Gorveatt
alldatJUICE wrote:all mine light up on my hatch.... i know they're all on while running. they stay on when i hit the brakes...this isnt how USDM came?? doesent look rigged up...

no the USDM ones all 4 light up when you turn the lights on, but only the outer two go brighter when you hit the brakes
By CivicTypeR
RAKUN wrote:this cable is for what exactly???

That's called an Earth.
By Gorveatt
CivicTypeR wrote:
RAKUN wrote:this cable is for what exactly???

That's called an Earth.

AKA Ground wire
By suspendedHatch
#101327 Good write-up. Here's my take on it.

Basically what you're doing is converting the center parking lights into brake lights.

My method
Pros: quicker, easier, requires virtually nothing
Cons: definitely not as bright as yours

If you want to know what it's going to look like beforehand, have someone or something hold down your brake pedal, and turn on your parking lights.

For mine all you need is 2 inches of 18 gauge stranded wire, some solder, and a wire cap. Take you less than 10 mins if you put the damn beer down for a minute (I wont).

Pop off the backside cover of your trunk. Leave your hatch cover alone.

On the right side you will see a plug connector where the hatch wires exit through the grommet.

Cut the red/blk parking light wire in two. Cap the car side off.

Extend the hatch side of the wire a few inches.

In the harness just below the plug connector is another wire bundle. This bundle contains two grn/wh brake light wires. Strip back some insulation and join your extended wire to one of the brake light wires.

THAT'S IT! :2girls1cup:

PS, you can still swap out the bulb sockets for larger ones and just connect the wires to the red/blk wire and blk ground wire of the smaller sockets.
By Simmons
#132648 Here's mine

By Possesedpriest
#162911 My hatch is like this. They all light up and doesn't look rigged. Mine's canadian tho.
By Gorveatt
Possesedpriest wrote:My hatch is like this. They all light up and doesn't look rigged. Mine's canadian tho.

Canadian and US hatch's are wired the same, as stated previously, all lights will come on when you turn the lights on, but only the outer ones get brighter when you hit the brakes
By 3kkl3sia
Simmons wrote:Here's mine

you didn't need to do that, sedans all of them light up...
this is for hatches only...
By SLOW92CX
#218425 Sorry, not to bring an old post back from the dead...

but i wish i would have found this earlyer. haha. i did the same thing to my eg today, but completely different.

i got some lights from the junkyard, but instead of changing out the light like the others. i drilled a new hole right next to the existing hole and put my bulb in there. so i have two light bulbs in the red part of the tailgate tailight. this way i still have it light up when the headlights are on, and it lights up when i press the brakes. it was really easy to do and i can give you all more information and pictures if you want.

here are a couple pictures...

Just headlights...
(yes i know my left light is burnt out)

Just breaks

Headlights and breaks