Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Civic_HatchSI
#19816 This is just a guide line so do not hold me responsible if you fuck it up! To make this work its all in the prep.. take your time!!!!

You will need:
- 1000 Grit sand paper
- 2000 Grit sand paper
- Automotive clear coat
- TSP cleaner
- Lots of water!! Do this outside

Here is how the wing looked before i started! all scratched and very foggy with no shine

Step 1:

In this case Im re-clearing my CF wing so it needs to be removed

Step 2:
Start WET sanding the CF with 1000 grit paper. Use lots of water

Step 3:
Once you have it WET sanded with 1000 grit rinse it off and start sanding it with 2000 grit! use lots of water

Step 4:
When you think you have got it sanded nice and smooth rinse it off and dry it well.. Dont forget to you your TPS cleaner to get off all the grease and dirt from your hands.. You could also use Varsol...

Step 5:
Apply 2 to 3 coat of automotive clear.. do not spray to close or you will get runs...

Step 6:
Let it dry a good couple of hours before you re install it. Here is the finished piece!! :D

Enjoy :thumb:
By york62
#19818 that looks brand new now!! sweet job!
By ohDirka
#19822 that looks great...awesome write up
By Gorveatt
#19835 Sweet jesus Holly that looks nice, I want one :o
By JMan8108
#19845 Nice write-up, id be nervous as hell sanding any cf piece...this coming from a person who had to sand their whole car down multiple times to paint lol
By Sire
#19971 Definitly worth that wrnch! Good write-up!

Respect for the guts to sand your wing! :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
#19991 great write up i have something similar with a cf hood that my friend wrote up ill post it later =P
By Civic_HatchSI
Sire wrote:Definitly worth that wrnch! Good write-up!

haha yea i didnt have the guts to do it. I made the BF sand it.. so if he fcked it up I could blame him :D
By chnzgoofball
JDM-Chick wrote:

haha yea i didnt have the guts to do it. I made the BF sand it.. so if he fcked it up I could blame him :D

:lol: ure so mean!! :lol:
By Civic_HatchSI
chnzgoofball wrote:
JDM-Chick wrote:

:lol: ure so mean!! :lol:

lol damn right :P
By vtec_gloucester
#20057 looks great :thumb:
By JDMazFuK
#25425 I see orange peels..well to get a reallie better shine out of it..after u clear coated it and let it fully dry after days and days..u can water sand it again with the 2000 grit sand paper and make shure u sand it in the same motion as in wax on wax off thing..and also u do not have to sand much..just sand until smooth that the orange peels are gone then time for waxing then buffing and u will get a MUCH better shine But Urs still looks good with out the wax/buff
By Greasedmonkey
#28632 Ill be doing this to mine soon. You rock girl!