Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By chrono404
#151557 Image
- Source

Saw this when I was on google looking for Denji pics a while back. I think it looks awesome, I am considering doing this to my Denjis as the glass has rock chips.

I wonder what it would do the output. But I plan on putting HID's in them anyways so I should do a retrofit regardless.

What do you guys think?
By Dippin_EG
#151558 They look good. I think i would only get denji's to do this. other than that, i dont like em.

I would also think that the OEM glass would scatter the light maybe, causing it to be unsafe? :?
By Gorveatt
#151569 Looks good, but it would fuck up teh output of the projectors, the reason the projectors have a clear headlight lens is to not distort the cutoff, i can guarantee that your output will diminish because of this.
By Carfanatic
#151579 it wont fuck up the output.

Outcome of the light is still great!
Those lights are from someone i know, Mark is his name.
PM Miss_Honda if you want, her boyfriend
By danomatic93
Dippin_EG wrote:I would also think that the OEM glass would scatter the light maybe, causing it to be unsafe? :?

Scatter, Yes. Unsafe, maybe.

Gorveatt wrote:Looks good, but it would f**k up teh output of the projectors, the reason the projectors have a clear headlight lens is to not distort the cutoff, i can guarantee that your output will diminish because of this.

Yes

Carfanatic wrote:it wont fuck up the output.

Highly doubtful...

I did a projector retrofit on my stock housing with stock glass the the light output was HORRIBLE!!! It was worse than when I had just the stock housings. If you want I'll sell you those headlights. But they're crap. I ruined a perfect set of stock headlights and a set of projectors only to find out it was for nothing.
By chrono404
Carfanatic wrote:it wont fuck up the output.

Those lights are from someone i know, Mark is his name.
PM Miss_Honda if you want, her boyfriend

I hope this is true. Can you get a picture of the output of the headlights ageist a building or something?

I see light is reflecting in the housing a bit but if it Has good light output I will be in the market for EDM OEM Head Lights/Blinkers
By Gorveatt
#151724 Here's a picture of what happens when you put projectors behind fluted headlights.

This is from a Del Sol with e55 bixenon's, as you can see the cutoff is completely destroyed.

Now if you were to use JDM headlight lens's and sanded down the fluted part in front of the projector then it wouldn't be too bad, it would be more similar to how the old NSX's were with their projectors

as you can also see they have a clear portion for where the cut off is.

By boonsattha
#305307 i planed to do this soon :woot:
By mitch6
#305414 It looks nice, but thats about it :?

whoever does this will ruin a perfectly good set of projectors :(

The OEM eg headlight glass covers are designed to scatter the light from halogen bulbs without relying on a reflective housing. Newer cars come with clear lenses because now they reflect the light from the housing to the road. So, if you put projectors behind the non clear eg glass covers, your projectors will no longer project the light as it should... Rather it will be as if you never even had projectors in the first place. If anyone wants to do that, its just a waste of time because stock headlights will end up producing the same output.

If your going to install projectors, do it right, with clear lenses :thumb: :thumb: