Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Simmons
#102501 Make this a sticky :thumb:
By blackeg92
#143966 so whats the best way to remove the trim the OP was talkign about?
By skateruptown
#172454 Sorry still dont know get how to take them off, ive broken them on my donor door already. So ive tried to slide them off thats not working to well, Now with the needle nose what am i doing with that? Thanks.
By OleFolk
#193238 is that trim paint the same for the windshield wipers? mine have little to no paint on them so on a sunny day they like to blind me thats gotta be fixed
By chorean
OleFolk wrote:is that trim paint the same for the windshield wipers? mine have little to no paint on them so on a sunny day they like to blind me thats gotta be fixed

Same, gotta get on those too.

I am pretty sure those are accessible by popping the hood and just screwing a bolt off, and the whole wwiper blade comes off.

teal_dx, what do you have to do to take the mirrors off? I have that chipping as well =/.
By chorean
95c1v1c wrote:I work in the Air Force, so I can get it on base. I think you can get it at shoe stores like Redwing.

Question, when you put the trim back in, does it just pop right back in?

Thanks.
By 95c1v1c
#220261 I painted my door trims while they were still on the car, but will prolly do it right one of these days. Looks ok from a distance but way better than the shiny metal and black mess it was before.
By teal_dx
chorean wrote:
teal_dx, what do you have to do to take the mirrors off? I have that chipping as well =/.

mirrors come off, there's 3 bolts holding them on behind the plastic triangle piece on the inside of the door.
By chorean
teal_dx wrote:
chorean wrote:

mirrors come off, there's 3 bolts holding them on behind the plastic triangle piece on the inside of the door.

Awesome thanks 8)

I did the roof trims today, going to try to do windshield wipers front/rear, mirrors, and door trim.

But there's rain in my area lately :thumbdown: and no garage :(
By OleFolk
#220653 Should I push these clips up with pliers like someone else said
Im not tryin to break these.
By orangeEG
OleFolk wrote:Should I push these clips up with pliers like someone else said
Im not tryin to break these.

I was having the same issue today and I had to remove the black "pilar" thing vertical to the door end, after doing that I just took a deep breath and pulled and sure enough they side right off towards the rear of the car and left the clips right in the door, when I was done I just lined up the grove on the trim with the first clip and slid it back on towards the mirror

hope this helps anyone in the future... teals right, although I think it made it look 16 years younger haha :lol:
By Honda4life
#283021 where can i get this trim paint? How the heck do u get that weather stripping off on the door?
By kt95CiviCDX
#310722 sorry for resurrecting an old post...but if there is no rain coming anytime soon can i roll with the window trim and roof moldings off ?