Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By slm01
#67134 When doing the windshield wipers, do you have to use primer as well?
By suspendedHatch
#67173 I think I can get all of the rubber off and not need the body filler. I really hate that stuff.

Actually I think I just need to get new ones. The rubber lip that butts against the glass is all cracked up as well.
By Grat
#67176 nice diy. i need to do this soon
By jdmtuned231
#67401 i have a ?... how would it turn out if you did this to the door and fender mouldings??? and how do you take those off.
By teal_dx
slm01 wrote:When doing the windshield wipers, do you have to use primer as well?

I would use a self etching primer. You can get it at autozone or similar places.
By teal_dx
jdmtuned231 wrote:i have a ?... how would it turn out if you did this to the door and fender mouldings??? and how do you take those off.

You could do it to those too :thumb:

You have to get to the clips from the inside of the door after removing the door panels.
By slm01
teal_dx wrote:
slm01 wrote:When doing the windshield wipers, do you have to use primer as well?

I would use a self etching primer. You can get it at autozone or similar places.

Ok, thanks
By jdmtuned231
teal_dx wrote:
jdmtuned231 wrote:i have a ?... how would it turn out if you did this to the door and fender mouldings??? and how do you take those off.

You could do it to those too :thumb:

You have to get to the clips from the inside of the door after removing the door panels.

Thanks a ton man. There are the only two things i need to do to the wifes car to make it mint again. And your write-up has done that for me.
By showtime_23
#92209 thanks alot. i'll be sure to try it this weekend.. been wondering how to fix those things.. btw.. my wiper arms are in the same condition, is the process the same? how would i remove them? thank you
By Dippin_EG
#92219 theres one bolt holding each of them in, just remove that and gently pull them off :thumb:
By 95c1v1c
#92525 I did mine with a product called leather luster. The good thing about this stuff is it is rubbery to the touch much like the old trim was. This product stays put and will not dry out or fade. check out the pictues.
By 95c1v1c
#92624 I work in the Air Force, so I can get it on base. I think you can get it at shoe stores like Redwing.
By CivicTypeR
#92625 Great pics man :thumb:
By dionisis
#96981 thieves tried to steal my car,and somehow they folded that trim. :x :x now i can't take it off my car. :?