Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By MuNcHiE
#143466 hey guys im new=]....SO I Recently bought a mugen front lip, not even a week with my lip on they stole it right from my bumber. how can i prevent this from happening
i know alarm but im lookin more for hardware that really secures it on the bumber, any ideas please let me know i would appreciate it.. :(
thanks

RIP TO MY Lip
By SOHCivegra
#143483 Instead of using the supplied screws that come with it. Use a bolt and a nut. Its not fool proof but it will take alot longer to remove it.
By asianrob
#143488 glue razor blades to the under side of the lip
By ikon
#143500 hahaha nice one asianrob. if u like the style of a molded lip i gaurantee u they wont sit there and ruin the bumber nd lip just for the lip. all my the vw's ive worked on have inserts on their stock lips which slide into the bumper making them a bitch to remove unless u take off the bumper first. :thumb:
By iroccu
asianrob wrote:glue razor blades to the under side of the lip

Thats what im talkin bout.... :thumb:
By KingcoupeO
#143507 oh the razor blade one is def guna happen to mine super glue and hey its alot easier to get the cops involved wit blood everywhere LMAO :lol:
BUT the screw assortment is also a great idea .

gotta hate people who steal :x
By asianrob
#143512 yea deff razor blades or even barbed wire would work too just dont forget about it.
By matt is (eg6)
#143514 drop your car so low they cant get under it to take it off... or the razor blade idea i like that...
By Ajax1989
#143531 i hear the razor blade idea works on rims too

but sucks about that lip man
but the bolt assortment is a good idea
it might be a pita to get it on but its harder to get off :thumb:
By mistergou
#143728 +1 on different bolts/style :thumb:

thats what I did for mine
By Chance
#144094 Double side sticky tape and different screws for sure.