Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By indie2.0
#136709 So i finally got rid of my 1 piece headlights i bought off ebay(from when i was young and Dumb,dont buy ebay unless its name brand and its not a knock off) and got a set of TYC 1 piece headlights to replace them. best money i ever spent. dont ever buy the 1 piece headlights with the white plastic backs total POS. the TYCs fitment was really good and the lights where already pre adjusted perfectly and best of all they are almost as bright on low beam as stock lights brighter on high beam, i think. TYC is Ok in my book. also i know there are some of you guys who hate the 1 piece look, but i have to say that my opinion is that it gives the car a more sleek updated look. thats just me though.
By Carfanatic
#136710 photo?
By Gorveatt
indie2.0 wrote:So i finally got rid of my 1 piece headlights i bought off ebay(from when i was young and Dumb,dont buy ebay unless its name brand and its not a knock off) and got a set of TYC 1 piece headlights to replace them. best money i ever spent. dont ever buy the 1 piece headlights with the white plastic backs total POS. the TYCs fitment was really good and the lights where already pre adjusted perfectly and best of all they are almost as bright on low beam as stock lights brighter on high beam, i think. TYC is Ok in my book. also i know there are some of you guys who hate the 1 piece look, but i have to say that my opinion is that it gives the car a more sleek updated look. thats just me though.

I'm sorry but if you think that the EG's have a good headlight then you need to give your head a shake, EG's have some of the worst headlights i've driven with(even with brand new Silverstar Ultra bulbs), the only other vehicle i've driven in that had worse was my sisters old Corolla with faded original bulbs, and oxidized plastic housings.
By indie2.0
#136714 i wasnt talking about the civic egs stock lights(sorry i should have clarified) i was just saying new car headlights in general. most aftermarket lights have the poorest light i have ever seen its like taping a flashlight to your bumper. especially those fake projector style. with the TYCs i have people flashing me on the road to go to low beam when i am already on it. then i get to flash my high beams and im not going to lie thats kind of fun. and thats with a standard bulb they came with, if i got some silverstars it would be even brighter i suppose. also pictures on the way as we speak.
By indie2.0
#136715 these are the POS lights i got rid of (for sale by the way) :thumbdown:
and the new TYCs in all there glory.
as you can see the fitment is fantastic. i will try to find some pictures of the POS lights on the car later, but trust me they fit like crap.
By Gorveatt
#136720 Do you have a picture of the headlights against a wall? cause if aimed properly people shouldn't be flashing you, (unless you have still suspension and your bouncing)
By indie2.0
#136723 i can take a pic of the aim of the head lights tonight and some more pics of the lights themselves. im pretty sure its just that they are bright enough to bug some people. the guard inside the light stops it from being in anyones eyes really. as for the suspension on my car it is not bouncy. its a firm ride sitting on skunk 2 pro series full coilovers.
By mistergou
#136841 Well they look better than the first set... but Im not a fan of 1 piece lights....

But I do like your password jdm washers! :thumb:
By Chance
#136849 yeah like said before.. If they are aimed right, regardless of how bright they are, they wont bother people. My headlights are bright as fauk in my XB But you can see the definite line where the lights stop so they wont bother folks.
By EG6JUNK
#136959 tyc's are known for fogging up, i had a set they're decent but cant compare it to retrofits.
By indie2.0
#137131 very true. retro fit is the best by far. especially if you want to stay as oem looking as possible. until you turn the lights on then bamm total hotness. i hope the TYCs dont go fogging up on me, we will have to wait and see. but i have to say at this point i think they are the best quality one piece headlight out there for the civic.
By ShEfA
#137646 I totaly agree with you. Those are the best aftermarket headlights out there! And they can be retrofitted with other lenses to become the very best! I am planning to buy a set of those for a very long time, just that they are too expensive. Other thing that bothers me is that the paintjob on my car is very poor and I can't have an insurance. And if I install those headlights and someone scratches them I will be f*cked. :(

So, good choice man!
By cjw_89
#204717 this is for all you haters.Thyre are 2 ej2s and one eg6 in my area.Bone stock!!!

Before:

In the process:

After:

Picked themup for $100 yesterday,i was thinking on gettin some different bulbs but i dunno what...
By esco52292
#338263 Has anyone tried this on a sedan? I was wondering cuz since the corners are bigger on the 4dr dont they have black housing with the amber corners? Just wondering how they would look