Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By york62
CivicTypeR wrote:I found it hard taking them off even from behind :lol: i snapped the clips :x stupid POS.

I hear ya, the second time i took my painted trim off i literately ripped them off and bought thin moldings. :x
By Gorveatt
#93174 That reminds me, i need to do mine up
By eusdmg
#115945 anyone know where to get thin moldings for a sedan? im havin trouble findin them. :(
By SiWannabe
#121287 When I did mine, I just scuffed them up with a red scotchbrite pad. Then cleaned with alcohol, 2 coats of adhesion promoter and 2-3 coats of black trim paint. They are like new!
By zimtimtim
#199144 Great post. I use T-cut on my rubber trims and then Armoral.

Quick question - How do you get the trims off the rear panel. From the inside or can they pull off. thanks
By chilango41
zimtimtim wrote:Great post. I use T-cut on my rubber trims and then Armoral.

Quick question - How do you get the trims off the rear panel. From the inside or can they pull off. thanks

It has some clips on the inside :thumb:
By stuckagain
#297876 Where can you buy adhesive promoter at? I assume this is used to help the paint stick to the plastic? Also for everyone thats painting their molding black because they are faded, try taking a small pencil torch and aplly heat over the moldings and bamm... instant back to black!! No paint, no mess, and will stay black forever! This method will also work on side skirts.
By Demspey1995EG
#315268 I like the tim hortons cup! cant go a day without.