Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By vtec_gloucester
#27615 another great write up :thumb:
By york62
vtec_gloucester wrote:another great write up :thumb:

thanks man!

B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote::thumb: :thumb: lets see the beast try them on..
are you talking about the moldings on my eg, haha my car is in a million pieces!
By chrono404
#43659 Alternative Side Molding Paint Option
Not try to Jack this thread or anything, However after talking with York62 Via PM, I decided I would post what I did.

After Reading the DIY on Page 1 I wanted to do the same, Only with Black. I tried taking off the Side Molding at my local junkyard and couldn't do so with out Destroying it. I Pmed York62 and asked him how he did his. After hearing his Response I decided Painting it on the Car would be a Much better option.

Materials :
Duplicolor "Truck, Van and SUV Trim Paint" - Black
Duplicolor Clear Coat (Not Used, Already Bought for a Previous Project)
Newspaper (x Alot)
Masking Tape

I first Washed the Side Molding to get all the dirt and muk off of it. I Then used Masking tape all around the Trim Paint, then Followed by Taping Newspaper on to be a Mask.
Following This I did Multiple Light Coats to get it all Black. I was planning on putting a Layer or 2 of Clear Coat, However I decided Against it when I saw the Final Product.

Before :
After :
Pictures are on Different Sides, however you can see the Change that happened.

Difficulty :
1 out of 10.

It was Super Easy to do, Hardest part was taking off all the Masking tape.
By york62
#43664 looks good man, a nice addition to this post!
By Graham
#43682 How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

If you wanted them to be black why not just use back to black or some other trim stuff...? :P
By CivicTypeR
#43687 why would you want them to be black? they come standard black :lol:
By Graham
#43700 Sir ones are grey :P

I can see why you would paint them black if they were really faded, but the trim cleaners and back to black would have saved you a lot of masking, look good either way though 8)
By chrono404
Graham wrote:How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

If you wanted them to be black why not just use back to black or some other trim stuff...? :P

I have tryed some Black Restoring Trim Stuff, Nothing worked. Therefore I decided it was Paint Time.

Unclip them? :? I tryed taking them off at Junkyards, Couldn't do it. Oh well.
By CivicTypeR
#43779 I found it hard taking them off even from behind :lol: i snapped the clips :x stupid POS.
By k0rean4life
#44510 They made AUTO-MOTIVE TRIM paint now. Looks awesome and looks like the OEM plastic FINISH from honda.
By dionisis
Graham wrote:How couldnt you get them off? Theyre eaaaasy to get off - just unclip them :P

you dont have to get off the door panel so that u can be able to get off those side moldings too?
By Graham
#48539 Well you can try to pry them from the outside and wiggle them off but you would probably dent them, its best to take the doorcard off and unclip them from the back in my opinion :thumb:
By dionisis
#48584 alright then i will try to do it,propably on saturday evening,dont know,and i will let u know about the process!thanx a lot!by the way a guy told me that i have to sand them before the paintwork,is it true?although i noticed that when u sanded them were not good looking :?