Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By asianrob
#129444 well since i have been here i have done city lights to pretty much all my cars except my integra and lex... so i made DiY

tools:
Phillps head screw driver
Drill
Drill bit like this it is 5/8th
another drill bit (regular kind i didnt think to take a pic of it for somereason)
wire splicers
electrcal tape (or but connectors)
air tool with air gun attache.
razor blade
silicone

OTHER things you will need
may need some extra wiring
pig tails for a Chevy side marker (part number shown along with part
Also you would need 168/194 bulbs for it..
i used 194 LED 's

first and foremost. i am not responsible if you mess your car up

ok now

heres what it looks like with one side done. (note city lights are on parking lights setting.)

first take off your headlights and also take out headlight bulbs
on the back of the housing you will see 2 circles one on each side of the headlight bulbs this is where i made my spot
NOTE DONT DRILL TO CLOSE TO THE HEADLIGHT BULB area because you CAN hit the bracket for the fucking headlight. and thats what happened when i did it. i didn’t get to close but close enough where my bulb its. anyways

this is what it would look like after wards.

Ok for the razor blade part.. you may or may not need to trim the socket. you will know if you need to or not when you test fit it in there
ok so anyways now you got your shit drilled and test fitted and what not. when you have your socket in place its a good idea to place silicone around the drilled area so it wont fall out on FT or HA. and to keep moisture out.

end result.

thanks!
Last edited by asianrob on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
eg_turbo_hatch wrote:nice im thinking of doing this :thumb:

its pretty easy. i think most you would speed is 15 bucks altogether and about 30 mins of your time if you know what you are doing.
By asianrob
egsedanguy wrote:hey thats nice. looks good

thanks!
By Zhang516
#129640 nice write up!! :D what gauge wire did you use??
By asianrob
#129654 i didnt use any extra wire for it. but id say i would use 12 guage its similar in size.
By Chance
#129658 Nice write up dude! :thumb:
By asianrob
Chance wrote:Nice write up dude! :thumb:

:thumb: :woot:
By asianrob
#142495 on the corner lamp harness it is the red wire. brown + red

and the black wire you ground.

if you hook up the brown wire (in my case its brown) to the other wire i forgot what colour it was but theres only 3 wires for us USA people. i think it will blink.
By PandaHatch
#143482 NICE..going to try this.
By asianrob
#143487 :thumb:
By JHMEG86
#171154 Yo, man... did u get the chevy sidemarker sockets at your local autoparts store..??? :?
By asianrob
JHMEG86 wrote:Yo, man... did u get the chevy sidemarker sockets at your local autoparts store..??? :?

yup i got them at Autozone. they may carry it at Crager's or Advanced or maybe napa.