Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 92civic_vx
#217650 i just did this to my corners thursday using the newer method. i think they turned out good despite having a valve failure with the can of metalcast. lol. thanks 4 the great DIY...

By kingjmack
#224925 Has anyone taken their corners apart and painted them from the inside?
By dawg316
#226410 cant find orange metal cast orange in canada at all. canadian tire just has red, blue, smoked, and purple metal cast. fuck need some orange. might aswell just use tamiya. gotta give the 4 door a lil present for christmas :D
By carbonfibreMY
chrono404 wrote:Teal Posted up what Paint to get paint your stock usdm corners into Amber. I Didn't get the same paint but this is how I Painted my Corner lights, Figured I would post up a DIY.

List of Parts:
>- Tamiya ps-43 translucent orange Paint
>- Steel Wool
>- Corner Lights

1) Take off your Corner Lights
2) Clean off the Corner Lights Thoroughly, I only needed to Rub them off with a Rag.
3) Scrub with Steel Wool, This gives the paint area to stick to.
4) Paint, Use light Coats.
5) Install Lights after Dry

After:

Installed:

hey man great job on the DIY :)

thanks for sharing such useful information one thing i need to ask , i just bought the Tamiya TS73 paint too but how long do i need to wait for 1 coat to dry - if my 1 coat is 2 passes from left to right and right to left.

please advice :P
By chrono404
#281205 how long? idk few minutes in decent weather. just make sure they are not sticky.

Adding clear coat would be a good idea. The super glossyness on my Delsol Corner lights are not as glossy anymore. Im sure If I used clear they would be. However the EG Sedan Corners are still glossy and mint looking with no clear.
By Flatland_EG
#281230 I painted my OEM's as well but I used some yellow Krylon anodizing paint I had laying around, the yellow and amber actually don't look half bad together. :D
I'll get a pic and post it up, perhaps tomorrow sometime, it's dark out now. :)