What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By dawg316
#119662 i like rotas simply because there cheap and look like the high end rims.

people who hate on rota's are like high school chicks who only have expensive designer purses.

comon people. were going through a ressesion we just cant go out and buy spoon/mugen wheels like we used to.
By mistergou
#119699 Yeah real rims are nice, but IMO not worth $1500-2000+ for a set when you can get a set of Rota's for 1/4 of the price, I would rather save that extra money for something important, like go fast goodies! :hehe:
By zeppelin101
mistergou wrote:Yeah real rims are nice, but IMO not worth $1500-2000+ for a set when you can get a set of Rota's for 1/4 of the price, I would rather save that extra money for something important, like go fast goodies! :hehe:

I wouldn't.

I'd rather have a set of hoops I'm comfortable with.

The Rota equivalent (and a shite equivalent they are too) to the wheels I want for the 2 are D1s. They look shite.

SSR SP1s and Work Meister S1s do not. They look ridiculously awesome, and are well worth the $2800 it would cost for me to buy them and have them sent to the UK.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them for what they are - but I would much rather save the cash and have that extra bit of wow attached to the car when people realise you have the real deal ;) Plus 'real' wheels come in a much better array of sizes and offsets - I would be hard pushed to find a set of Rota's to my taste that come in 16x8 ET26 and 16x9 ET13. They just don't offer the array of sizes that the original manufacturers do. Go check out the Work wheels website and see what I mean ;)

What has never changed with cars is how the wheels make or break a car. The right choice of wheel can make even the most battered of cars look absolutely immense. Likewise, a bad choice of wheels can make an otherwise awesome car look appalling.
By chrono404
#119713 Not a fan of the design, However I must say I like Rota and other Knock off Companys.

I Want a Set of Works CR-Kai. However I dont wanna spend 1500+USD to get a Set. I can get a Set of Drag DR-31's for 394USD + Shipping. Allows some money to spend on nicer Tires and to go into Engine Mods.

Plus I think having the knock off with out all the stickers the "Real" rims have is a Plus. I think rims look much Cleaner with out stickers all over them.
By zeppelin101
chrono404 wrote:Plus I think having the knock off with out all the stickers the "Real" rims have is a Plus. I think rims look much Cleaner with out stickers all over them.

You don't have to put them on...
By Chance
zeppelin101 wrote:
chrono404 wrote:Plus I think having the knock off with out all the stickers the "Real" rims have is a Plus. I think rims look much Cleaner with out stickers all over them.

You don't have to put them on...

By mistergou
zeppelin101 wrote:
mistergou wrote:Yeah real rims are nice, but IMO not worth $1500-2000+ for a set when you can get a set of Rota's for 1/4 of the price, I would rather save that extra money for something important, like go fast goodies! :hehe:

I wouldn't.

I'd rather have a set of hoops I'm comfortable with.

The Rota equivalent (and a shite equivalent they are too) to the wheels I want for the 2 are D1s. They look shite.

SSR SP1s and Work Meister S1s do not. They look ridiculously awesome, and are well worth the $2800 it would cost for me to buy them and have them sent to the UK.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them for what they are - but I would much rather save the cash and have that extra bit of wow attached to the car when people realise you have the real deal ;) Plus 'real' wheels come in a much better array of sizes and offsets - I would be hard pushed to find a set of Rota's to my taste that come in 16x8 ET26 and 16x9 ET13. They just don't offer the array of sizes that the original manufacturers do. Go check out the Work wheels website and see what I mean ;)

What has never changed with cars is how the wheels make or break a car. The right choice of wheel can make even the most battered of cars look absolutely immense. Likewise, a bad choice of wheels can make an otherwise awesome car look appalling.

Well yeah I understand were you are coming from... but for hondas we don't need much bigger than a 16 x 7 which rota stocks plenty of an yes wheels do make or break certain cars.... but at the end of the day I would rather have a fast car with fake wheels than a slow car with real wheels.... IMO
By shanX
#119724 saw an a similar blue Advan set for real cheap, where I live ;)

but I didn't find 3-spokes appealing :?
By zeppelin101
mistergou wrote:but at the end of the day I would rather have a fast car with fake wheels than a slow car with real wheels.... IMO

The two are not mutually exclusive.
By matt is (eg6)
#120503 i have a set of sport bronze rota circuit 8s they are knock offs of mugens... i love companys like rota and drag simply becuase the affordablity... i am actually about to buy a brand new set of drag dr20s for 500 with falken tires instead of paying x5 that for equips :thumb:
By EG MIKE
#122845 I don't care what people think about rota because I love my set and if something ever happened to them I CAN afford another wheel. I don't use my cars for shows, I actually drive them!!!

Good post man!
By matt is (eg6)
#122854 ^^agreed^^ i love my rotas and i drive my car 7 days a week 365 days a year