What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By hatchie
#109096 ok so i dont wanna kep posting on g-rats build thread bout stuff i want to know

ok i figured out hat the only way to tuck and drop my car like everyone else is to take my camber kit off?!?!

for anyone and everyone that is rolling on negative camber dont your tires go bald really fast ?

and also ppl always say they dont rub but was there something you did to where it wouldnt rub or no?!?!?!

thanks for anyones help :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#109097 i'm only dropped 1.6 and i went through a set of tires in one summer, and my camber isn't even that bad.
By hatchie
#109098 i got a drop of 2'' front and back and the camber kit ive had the same wheels and tires for 2 yrs but i also dont drive my car during winter!
By Gorveatt
hatchie wrote:i got a drop of 2'' front and back and the camber kit ive had the same wheels and tires for 2 yrs but i also dont drive my car during winter!

I don't use those wheels in the winter either though, they were new in april, at the end of october they were trash

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r283 ... G_1533.jpg

probably could have put it on the back if i were still using those wheels but it wouldn't pass an inspection
By hatchie
#109101 wow so what does everyone go through a set of tires a yr?

not gunna lie i think that stupid
By Dippin_EG
#109105 my tires were already pretty bald, then i got the camber kit, front and rear, and it still wears them faster.
Mad camber= mad tire wear=more money on tires=less money on good honda parts= mad honda enthusiast = camber FTMFL.

Flush FTW :thumb:
By hatchie
#109106 ok so then im getting new rims ones that arent that wide! prolly 15x6.5 or 16's again

anyone have recommendations?
By Vti93T
#109108 I was riding on a ton of negative camber trying to fit my 16's on the coupe and ride low. The back tires lasted me over 2 1/2 years. Camber isn't going to wear your tires out, it just shows the wearing of the tire. If your toe is off that's what's going to ruin the tire quicker. You don't even really need a camber kit. If you wanna be like the phaze 2 hatch then ya you'll need a camber kit. It really depends on what size wheels you are getting and the offset. I had a full camber kit on my coupe before it was totalled and it did absolutely no good with my si's. When the weds were on it I had to camber it because of how low I wanted to go.
By hatchie
#109112 lol lots of different answers ...........

i wanna drop prolly like 3'' it'll come out to be. i'll always make sure my toe and everything else are perfect.

but as far as camber it doesnt matter? it'll just show the tread wear right?

my wheels are 16x7 with 0 offset i believe....(i never had anything telling me what my offset was) first time buying rims too.

edit:
your sig with the pic of the hatch is prolly a perfect height to be honest

i'd prolly want my back end to be even with the front though
By Vti93T
hatchie wrote:lol lots of different answers ...........

i wanna drop prolly like 3'' it'll come out to be. i'll always make sure my toe and everything else are perfect.

but as far as camber it doesnt matter? it'll just show the tread wear right?

my wheels are 16x7 with 0 offset i believe....(i never had anything telling me what my offset was) first time buying rims too.

edit:
your sig with the pic of the hatch is prolly a perfect height to be honest

i'd prolly want my back end to be even with the front though

well if you are getting a wheel that is 16x7 with 0 offset it's going to stick out from the wheel well..my weds were 16x7 and had a 37 offset. The higher the number the more inside the wheel well the rim fits. Like for example I have another set of rims that are going to be going on my bf's hatch. Well they are 15x6.5 with a 42 offset. So they will fit on the car more like the stock rims fit. The lower the number the further out they will sit.

The hatch isn't lowered a lot in the sig I have.
By hatchie
#109121 yeah but it lower then mine lol

and i get the offset now.... im still new to this whole rim size offset camber and all that

thanks alot though

but in your sig i like how only a little bit of the tire is tucked behind the fender...

i dont want mine crazy low to the point of my front bumber kissing the ground! :P
By Vti93T
#109122 well here's how my old coupe sat with the 16x7's on it..that's the lowest I could go and I was rubbing like crazy on the inside of the wheel well.

I'm not sure how low the hatch is dropped right now..but all I know is it's not low enough for me lol.
By hatchie
#109125 yeah the coupes a little to low for me ... i have the lip kit too so i prolly wouldnt be able to fit my even cell phone under the car lol

i really like that hatches height :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

edit: is that your hatch? if so are you driving it yet and do you rub?
By hatchie
#109127 also how do you jack your car up being that low?

i can barley do it now?
By Vti93T
#109129 well most of the time I could fit the big jack under the front but after I lowered it all the way I used a scissor jack on the sides and then put the big jack under the front