What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By sandycheeks
#89525 well brakes do stay hot for a while even when you are driving unless you have air dams to get a flow onto the brakes, like most racing cars, if the persons car has been used on track it obviously isnt designed like lets say a uk touring car which has around 200bhp and is designed to do the job round the track, and has millions spent on development. a 500bhp civic being front wheel drive is not going to be fantastic on a track will need the brakes to be used more before corners so will get bloody hot and there is no way around it, probbaly just the way they were driving. if they wanted wheels to not do that they should have done the proper research and got a proven wheel that was up to the task e.g team dynamics plus many others which are race proven wheels that probbaly wouldnt have the problem in the first place. dont see why people can say rotas are shit when they are not used in the correct conditions they are not race wheels and will never be, they are more styling orientated lightweight maybe but not race wheels. ive got a set and i couldnt be happier but i use them in the right way.

rant over......
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:found this on another forum:

Here's a Rota wheel before a track day....

Here's the same after.

well if ya notice only seems like 1 of the 4 twisted. the first pic is of one wheel and the second is another wheel. i saw the weights on the inside.one has more. so therfor why in the world would only 1 do that. i wanna find out how much heat the metal can withstand befor it softens. im sure its a few hundos. so that means the caliper had to reach extrem heat. plus dont you think there would be more ppl saying the same thing? like i have rotas and they twisted. so 1 rim twisted out of 4 :eh: kinda weird? i think we are missing somthing like sliding off track or somthing! o wells i still like rotas. they should make a set called "rota twists"lol
By zeppelin101
#89571 As I said I'd blame a manufacturing anomaly on it.

The alloy used can withstand more than enough temperature that it won't begin to soften and deform regardless of how hot the brakes get unless something goes wrong in manufacture
By blockustomz
#89580 rota will make a wheel that looks like that now watch.. it looks alot better twisted..lol
By Josiah
#93379 from track day? prolly super heated brakes and corner after corner taking off will warp a cheap metal wheel. looks cool though. :thumb:
By Yexus_eghatch
#93479 My dad has an integra with Rota GT3 on them and he is making around 650 hp and nothing has happened to his ROTA's!

Would this only happen to these style of rims? or is it all of the ROTA's?
By Mayhem_Audio
#93503 prob front and rear tires hard

cause what are the odds of it raining and cloudy and the sun at the same angle the day of the before and after were taking
By Gorveatt
#93504 Someone that knows the link to the full story just post it already would ya
By wek-236
#94687 if i had 500hp on my car....

ill probably save on a 5 lug conversion upgrade first.

we should read the whole story first...

only if all of you knew.... some of the well known rims manufacturer are subcontracting ROTA's for their so called rims...

ps: just heard it from someone who works in the factory :D
By Sentry
wek-236 wrote:only if all of you knew.... some of the well known rims manufacturer are subcontracting ROTA's for their so called rims...

ps: just heard it from someone who works in the factory :D

LOL any names?
By robster
#94738 These rims had been on this car

http://www.b-ht.de/index.php?seite=rs_ek4.html

497hp / 521Nm @ 1,1bar
brakes Tarox 10 piston (320 x 30mm)

The car has been moved with 1,2bar on the Nürburgring / Nordschleife bur now he uses OZ Ultraleggera and they are mutch stronger. To mutch torque, heat, semislic tires, to much G-force and Rotas lock like this!

My brother uses the same Rota SubZero wheels on his stock road ITR for about 3 years and has no problems

By Tekno-Twinky
#94739 Fihy stuff here lads 500bhp + 300e worth of wheels ? hmm :eh:

That teg is god awful :thumbdown:
By Gorveatt
Tekno-Twinky wrote:Fihy stuff here lads 500bhp + 300e worth of wheels ? hmm :eh:

I'm not a fan of kits, but i actually disagree, that kit looks pretty good, well the front end anyway.
By chrono404
Gorveatt wrote:
Tekno-Twinky wrote:Fihy stuff here lads 500bhp + 300e worth of wheels ? hmm :eh:

I'm not a fan of kits, but i actually disagree, that kit looks pretty good, well the front end anyway.

x2

for a bodykit that looks good, not as good as oem + a lip though
By sdots
Gorveatt wrote:

x 3. However a car is a car and doesn't just consist of a front end lol. Those m3 side skirts are awful along with the rear bumper. Euro styling isn't my choice I'm afraid, rather have Gorveatt's car, nice and OEM :D