What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By teal_dx
#1340 http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Here's a very useful link if you are going to go with a wider rim or a rim with an offset lower then 40
Last edited by teal_dx on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By chnzgoofball
#2134 whats the lowest off set we can fit on an eg with stock fenders
By teal_dx
#2137 well, it all depends on your setup.

if you have a 6.5" wide rim, you can have a lower offset than if you had an 7.5 or 8" rim. a 7.5" rim with +40 offset will stick out more than a 6.5" rim with +32 offset.

Also the rim dia. makes a difference. With a smaller dia. rim you can stretch the tires more if needed to gain additional clearance. Tire stretching is more popular with the VW crowd, it is more of a euro look. It is done by putting a skinnier tire on a wider rim.

But for civics, I've seen 15x6.5 and 15x7" rims with offsets in the low to mid 30's bolted on with no problems. You might only rub when your wheel is turned a lot, or if your car is slammed. The width of tires you put on the wheels will also make a huge difference.
By chnzgoofball
#2139 ooo ok thanks alot
By JDM michael
#37601 I've heard rumors of that beautiful EG with lots of carbon and work equip 03's running

15x8 with an offset of 25 8)

but would that need some fender work ??
By Greasedmonkey
JDM michael wrote:I've heard rumors of that beautiful EG with lots of carbon and work equip 03's running

If you are talking about that gold EG those are not work wheels. They are Axis Old skools. Work doesnt make them in a 15x8.

I need to know for sure what the offset is on the LS meshies.
By teal_dx
JDM michael wrote:I've heard rumors of that beautiful EG with lots of carbon and work equip 03's running

it would need some stretched tires, negative camber, and some fender work.
By biretsu89
#57942 if a civic hatch was lowered by 2 inches and had 15x8 rims with 15 offset and the fenders were rolled.. would there be rubbing?
By zeppelin101
Greasedmonkey wrote:If you are talking about that gold EG those are not work wheels. They are Axis Old skools. Work doesnt make them in a 15x8.

I know this post was made in January but... you are incorrect.

Work make both Equip 01s and 03s all the way up to 15x11.5JJ

See here: http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/whee ... 20Spec.pdf
By Greasedmonkey
zeppelin101 wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:If you are talking about that gold EG those are not work wheels. They are Axis Old skools. Work doesnt make them in a 15x8.

I know this post was made in January but... you are incorrect.

Work make both Equip 01s and 03s all the way up to 15x11.5JJ

See here: http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/whee ... 20Spec.pdf

yea I f ound out that after I posted it up. they make a3 piece version that you can get all sorts of widths and offsets.
By zeppelin101
#119651 I love the Jap wheel makers. Work and SSR are particularly awesome.

Name a size, they will probably make it. Name an offset, and they'll probably make that too.

The Meister S1s they make, you can buy in an 18x15J. ET0.

W
T
F

That's immensely awesome, and if I had the car to wear them, I would. Just because it would look stupidly pimp.

I'll have to make do with SSR SP1R's in 16x8 and 9 on the MR2 though due to weak bodywork :( None the less, arch work will take place to allow for more manly offsets at the back....
By LPUK
#135167 Can someone confirm whether 15x6.5j ET40 wheels will fit without spacers?

Luke.
By Chance
#135168 Yes, to both posts above mine.^