What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By vince72310
#357658 Has anyone ever used Toyo Tires Proxes R888 before? They can both be used on the track and street. I am going to daily my car and was wondering if anyone has a review about them or can even suggest another tire. I am gonna run a 15x8+32 wheel with a 195/50/50 proxes tire.

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/ ... tion-tires
By HeikDiesel
#357660 I've had two friends run them. They are ok tires. Are you mostly wanting them just for the look? How much power does the car have? My buddy has a EM1 that makes about 400whp and 1st and 2nd are still pretty worthless but it moves out in 3rd. Just a forewarning they are beefier than they advertise. They won't act like a normal 195 tire. Also, that seems pretty narrow for a 8" rim
By vince72310
#357662 my car ins't pushing that much power (yet) I like them for the looks but they will also see some track time here and there most daily on the freeway to work or around town (i carpool with my dad almost everyday). I did hear the tires are noisy and makes people think something is wrong with their brakes etc.
By HeikDiesel
#357676 Well they are a 100 tread wear rated tire. You aren't going to have the most comfortable, quiet ride ever but when you truly need a tire like that, is that really a concern of yours?
By CopyLifted
#357684 A semi-local guy i know with a boosted k24a1 with k20 head putting down 410whp runs the Toyo R888's and tells me he has no traction issues with that much power. maybe his clutch his slipping though (he tells me it's not) lol. He loves them. But they won't last long for daily use. I believe he used his up already just during the summer months. If that.

I run Nitto NT05's and although better than regular street tires, I have traction issues with them at 197whp. these will also not last long if i ran them every day. But honestly, they are cheap enough it wouldn't break the bank if i did. They are just my weekend summer tires lol.

I'd go with at least 205's. 225's ideally. IMO.
By HeikDiesel
#357729 Here's my first hand personal experience.

My buddy has a boosted itr swap that makes probably 350 range to the tire and I've driven it and 1st, 2nd are pretty much worthless if you're hard on it right off the line. That's on the R888

I have a 650whp civic that I run a 225/50/15 Mickey Thompson and I still have traction issues even in 4th. I think the only better tire I could run would be the 235/60 M&H or once I go to a 3 pc front I could run a much wider tire. Again, the r888 is an awesome beefy tire with great visual appeal but is it really worth the money? I don't think so
By EconoBox
#357741 Fantastic track day tire, horrible daily tire.

I had them on my H22 swapped coupe (225/45r16 if I remember right) and I drove the car a few times a week and autocrossed a few times before selling the car.

The tires are great on the track for braking and cornering. Off the line full throttle and banging gears they don't do so well with daily driver air pressures (34ish), and stiff sidewalls aren't the type of tires you want for drag racing. I had 238whp and 1st and 2nd were useless (never really leaving full throttle from a dead stop on a road course).

The reason I say avoid them on a daily is how they handle water... they don't. You drive over damp ground like someones sprinkler water you are fine. Hit standing water on the highway or get caught out on a rainy day you might as well just park the car and call for a ride home, or risk crashing. They also only last through maybe two-three oil changes since the rubber is extremely soft.

Best advice I have is to look into the tires that Nitto offers in the size you want. For a daily driver they make some of the best tires that aren't super expensive.