What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By MilpitasEH2
#357450 What's up guys! Just like how every car guy says "going hard next year," i intend to actually go super hard next year lol. New year means new shoes for zee car! But how does one tell if a wheel setup will pass fender clearance? I know ALOT of things do come into play so here is my future plans.

Set up:
Fronts: 16 x 8.5 205 40 16
Rears: 16 x 9.5 205 40 16
Off set i'm hoping for 10s-20s depending on what will be needed to make these bad boys fit.

Hoping to rebuild if possible to get whatever offset i need and hoping to add a step lip on to those wheels meaning 3 piece wheels on my list :D

Fenders: rolled

Suspension:
IF NEEDED, i will buy camber kits to help clearance but i am not looking to achieve a "hella flush" look :thumbdown:

Drop: 2.5 and i'm planning to stay like that.

Now other questions...

1) will i need to pull fenders with the set up i am hoping to achieve or shave fenders? If so, am i looking at major pull/shaving?
2) and how does one tell if wheels will pass fender clearance too hehe.

A look like this is what i am aiming for.
http://www.autoklubi.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15050

Thank you guys! Wouldn't wanna be on any other forum besides here!! 8)
By Driv-it-hard
#357465 The only way to tell if the wheels are going to clear, test fit , test fit.
Go to your local wheel shop and have them place a wheel on the car for test purpose to make some measurements. One route.
By teal_dx
#357469 2.5" drop looks great on an average setup, but I found from experience that as you go wider/lower offset with some stretch, your drop doesn't look as low anymore. That's why so many of the stanced cars are so low.