What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By aznsupastar
#351554 hi all, i'm a new owner of a EG hatch. looking for some aftermarket wheels.

is 16" too big for a EG hatch? i know 15" have more tire choices, but this car is a daily driver, slightly lowered (not slammed), and i don't care about performance. so from a pure LOOK dept, should i go with 15" or 16"?

anyone want to post their 15" or 16" on their car, please do.

thanks!
By EconoBox
#351558 Its personal taste. Go with whatever you think looks best on the car. I have seen everything from a 13" wheel to a 17" wheel look at home on an EG hatch.

This might help you out.
http://civic-eg.com/rimviewer/hatch_mod_rh.html

For reference these are 15" wheels on my hatch.

And now the less aggressive fitment of 15s.
By teal_dx
#351562 I have ran both 15 and 16" (as well as 14") on my hatch and I would consider the quality of the roads you drive on. With a taller dia. wheel, you lose tire sidewall, which will add cushion when going over bad areas of road.

Some wheel designs also look better in a 16" size than a 15". It also depends on what you want to do with the car (stance/stretch/slam/tuck/just a decent drop etc.)
By Civic_HatchSI
#351566 I have also ran both 16" and 15" rims on my hatch. I prefer the look of the 15s but I noticed better handling with the 16s. It all really depends what you like.

15"

16"

By aznsupastar
#351584 thx all for the info!

is there a hatch with aftermarket wheels thread? i think i only found the "show your stance" thread at suspension...
By teal_dx
aznsupastar wrote:thx all for the info!

is there a hatch with aftermarket wheels thread? i think i only found the "show your stance" thread at suspension...

Most of the ones in This Thread:
civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=301
have aftermarket wheels :thumb: