What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By vince72310
#351165 anyone know if 15x8+15 will fit on a 95 Hatch? Either on 195/45 or 175/50 tires? will they stick out alot? Roll my fenders? Let me know thanks and if you have these specs please post a pic! thanks!! :cruisin:
By EconoBox
#351169 Image

This is 15x8.5 plus 17 with 195/50r15 tires. Wheels are Klutch SL1.

Basically what you want will fit. You can't tell from this picture but the rear is something like 8 degrees of camber to fit them this low. My quarter panels and fenders are rolled and I have trimmed by rear bumper slightly to avoid the tire rubbing it. You can do the trimming with a razor blade its really easy. I got tired of how bad the car handled with this setup and changed to something that didn't have so much offset.

If you run stretched tires to get the stanced look you need to keep an eye on you tire pressure daily. Driving even a few psi low on a really stretched tire can lead to debeading which can ruin a nice wheel. Excessive stretch isn't the best idea but when running stretched tires air pressure is your friend to make sure the tire stays on the bead. Google stretched tire horror stories to see what I'm talking about. I've had several friends do it to expensive wheels.

Good luck!
By vince72310
#351188 thanks for the info! my car isnt slammed its dropped 2.5inches front and 2.25back so i think ill be able to fit the 15x8+15 on a 195/45 idk how it will look i dont want it to stick out a bunch my friend let me test fit his 15x9+0 offset and they stuck out about 3 inches lol there are some other wheels i like as well they are 15x7+15 and mabye i can get a 175/50 on there with the fenders rolled, we shall see
By EconoBox
#351202 Without being slammed and having some camber the wheels will go out past the body so teal_dx is right when he says you'll go lower once you have the wheels. If you do go for that look don't buy into the camber kills tires hype. Camber only effects how much of the tire actually contacts the ground so that limited part touching will wear at the tread rating of the tire you buy (ie: 300AA), but it will only wear out what touches the pavement so they will wear uneven. When you get your alignment have them set the front and rear at zero toe to prevent premature wear of the tires.

Good luck those wheels should look really nice. :thumb: Just be ready to play with your ride height and camber to get them sitting perfect.

Oh yea I've seen these wheels on a couple egs I don't have a picture but they fit awesome. 15x8 plus 20
http://whistlerwheels.com/index.php/wheels/kr1-chrome.html
By vince72310
#351221 thanks for the info ill make sure when i get an alignment to set it at 0 eventually yes i will go lower some F&F Type2s but my car really does need wheels before i go lower, i just hope they dont stick out TOO much a inch or two at the most lol :thumb: loooking forward to it
By vince72310
#355636 as most of you know i decided to get the ESM 15x8+15
Can some you please post pics or tell me which tire will be more beneficial, i will roll the fenders and be dropped about 3.5 inches maybe 4 idk yet.

Is anyone using a 175/50 or 165/50 tire on a 15x8 i would like to see how it looks or hear your suggestions

Thanks