What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By 92dxeg
#349924 whats you guys i was wondering what would be a good tire size to run on this rims there 15x8 would i be able to get away with a 225 tire ? i got the rims for a kid and they had stretched tires on them i want a good tire that will help me at that track (drag strip) I want to get slicks one day but i need somthing for now
By teal_dx
#349927 225 will fit perfect on an 8" wide wheel but that setup fitting on your car depends on a few factors:

Offset of wheels
Sidewall of tire
Ride Height
Fender modifications
Camber

Is this going to be on the front only or front and rear? Is your car going to see track use only or is it also your daily?
By 92dxeg
#349947 its going to be front and back.. the car is stock camber and i am going to be driving it alot the car is lowerd not slammed what would be a good tire size to use
By teal_dx
#349970 It's hard to guess a size for you without seeing the car in person. What I would do is put the wheels on now with the 205 tires and measure the free space you have. 225 tire is 20mm wider than a 205, so you will have 10mm on each side. Not all tires will be the exact width that the size says. Some tires (especially performance tires) are slightly wider to take advantage of a wider foot print while keeping the car within a specific /group for racing. I know Azenis are wider than average. I'm sure drag radials are as well. You'll need to get the exact specs of the tire from the manufacturer, or legit sites that sell tires, like tirerack, usually list the exact dimensions of a tire.