What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By madhatchride
#348805 i want to buy some new wheels for my slicks i want -15 offset and a fairly light wheel also.also im guessing diamond stars are pretty heavy? wheres the best place to purchase these
By teal_dx
#348807 Yea you're right, Diamond Racing are heavy steel wheels. Don't bother putting slicks on them. Since it sounds like you care about the performance of your car (since you're investing in a set of slicks) go with a set of lightweight wheels.
Some ones I see on civics often are 13x8 V2, Lenso, Bogart ($$$), or even a pair of low offset 13" Rota/Drag/etc cheap cast alloy wheels will be lighter than Diamond Racing steelies.
By madhatchride
#348809 well i have upgraded brakes so i have to run 15 inch wheels and ive already purchased a set of 22x8x15 mt slicks but rota and drag was some i looked at but as far as purchasing the right size where can i do this without calling the factory ? they require a business license :/
By teal_dx
#348812 I'm not an expert on fitting drag slicks, but do you need a -15 offset? Seems kind of low since you're not running that big of a tire. Will you still have enough inner clearance if you run a 15x8 wheel with a 0 or +10 or +15 or even +20 offset?
By madhatchride
#348815 well maybe but the thing is if i do not hook with the 22s i also have 24.5s and if i interchange them i want them to still clear so -10 at least
By HeikDiesel
#348816 Honestly they are 2x's the price of lenso wheels but Belaks are the way to go imo. Plus they don't really go off of an "offset" they go off backspacing which is technically the same deal, but a completely different measurement
By madhatchride
#348827 well i ended up buying bogart fly starts got a killer killer deal in em to :)