What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Canyon Si
#344308 So, I talked to Team Dynamics this morning about getting a set of Pro Race 1.2s in 15x7. They are going to have a set done in England in bronze and send them out with a shipment. But, I need to know what offset I should be choosing and what is the hub diameter for this car. My car is lowered on Eibach Sportlines. I think it's about an inch lower. My plan is to paint the hood, roof and tailgate in gloss bronze to match the wheels. Oh, tires will be 205/50s.

By teal_dx
#344309 The civic center bore is 56.1 mm. As for offset, that is debatable.
On a 15x7" rim, the standard offset for our cars is +40mm.
The growing trend is to run a lower offset wheel which makes the car look more aggressive, but that also leads to having to run excessive negative camber, going lower on ride height, roll renders, loss in ride quality...

On your car, I wouldn't go that route since you're only slightly lowered and your car is so clean :thumb:

+35 to +40 offset with a 205/50R15 tire would be ideal.

Also, look what I found: http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3184933 :thumb:
By Canyon Si
teal_dx wrote:The civic center bore is 56.1 mm. As for offset, that is debatable.
On a 15x7" rim, the standard offset for our cars is +40mm.
The growing trend is to run a lower offset wheel which makes the car look more aggressive, but that also leads to having to run excessive negative camber, going lower on ride height, roll renders, loss in ride quality...

On your car, I wouldn't go that route since you're only slightly lowered and your car is so clean :thumb:

+35 to +40 offset with a 205/50R15 tire would be ideal.

Also, look what I found: http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3184933 :thumb:

You always come to the rescue! Thanks for the pic. I wasn't sure what their bronze looked like , but I like what I see in the pic. I know +36 is common with their 15x7. So I'll probably go with that. I do want a little more aggressive look. Thanks again for your advise.
By Canyon Si
teal_dx wrote:I could talk about wheels all day long, I'm obsessed :D

Here's the Pro Race 1s on my Mini:

By Canyon Si
#344646 So, I talked to my contact at Team Dynamics today. He is ordering me 5 bronze Pro Race 1.2s in size 15 x 7, 4 x 100, 40 offset and 56.1mm bore diameter. I was going to go with a 35 offset. But, I decided to play it safe and go with 40 and use spacers if I need a wider stance. Bronze is a special order from the UK, so it will take 2 months to get them. Which is ok, because I have some money coming in about two months and that's what I am using to do the whole build. Here's a pic of a bronze TD wheel off the internet. This is a Pro Race 1.0. The 1.2 is slightly different. But, it will give you an idea of what the bronze will look like. Picture this wheel with red graphics like my Mini in the precious post and red long lugs. I think it will look pretty good.
By Canyon Si
#344647 Oh, I think I forgot to mention: I'll be painting the Si the original Milano red, with the hood, roof and tailgate in gloss to match the bronze wheels. It's going to get a new windshield and rubber for all the windows, new drip rails and the rails at the door/window junction. New black plastic things that run alone the bottoms of the doors and all new lights. And, a new lip spoiler. I think that's it.