What fits best, Weights & Sizes

Which Wheel?

22%
11%
67%
By juls1488
#341376 so i have a dilemma.
i have an opportunity to score one of two of my most favorite wheels, advan sa3, or an ssr star shark replica. i can only afford to get one, and i can't decide.
both are 4x114.3
the advans are for sale locally, 16x7/8 staggered setup with tires for 600. looks like they're missing hardware on the lips though.
the starshark reps are 15x7.5 0 offset from wheelfire for 750 with tires.
i cant decide, and flipping a coin isn't enough for me lol.
help me civic-eg, you're my only hope.
advan sa3
ssr reps
By TrailerTrash
#341379 SSR reps.

hands down
By teal_dx
#341390 Real 3 pc advans with tires for $600 or ssr knockoffs for $700 with new tires.

Some things that would help me decide:
Does seller have the bolts? If not, what will new ones cost you?
How are the tires on the Advans?
What brand of tires are on each set of rims?

Also, it depends on your ride height. The Advans' offset doesn't look as aggressive as the SSRs' 0 offset. You're going to have to be slammed for a 0 offset rim to work/look good.

From what I've seen so far, I'd pick the advans. They look more period correct on an EG, they're a multi piece wheel and they will have a better resale value if you ever want to go with a different wheel, since they're kind of rare.
By juls1488
teal_dx wrote:Real 3 pc advans with tires for $600 or ssr knockoffs for $700 with new tires.

Some things that would help me decide:
Does seller have the bolts? If not, what will new ones cost you?
How are the tires on the Advans?
What brand of tires are on each set of rims?

Also, it depends on your ride height. The Advans' offset doesn't look as aggressive as the SSRs' 0 offset. You're going to have to be slammed for a 0 offset rim to work/look good.

From what I've seen so far, I'd pick the advans. They look more period correct on an EG, they're a multi piece wheel and they will have a better resale value if you ever want to go with a different wheel, since they're kind of rare.

I went to look at the advans today, and I was disappointed. The wheel in the picture I posted was the one that was in the best shape. All of them were missing most of the lip hardware, one was missing its centercap and one had a damaged cap. Two of the wheels had some pretty bad rash too and the tires were garbage. I talked the seller down to 480. Went to the ATM to get cash, and he sold em to someone else for 450. Needless to say I was pissed. :x
Even with all that was wrong with em I was still gonna buy em.
Looks like SSR reps for me.
Thanks for the input teal and trailer and whoever else voted.
By juls1488
teal_dx wrote:Also, it depends on your ride height. The Advans' offset doesn't look as aggressive as the SSRs' 0 offset. You're going to have to be slammed for a 0 offset rim to work/look good.

im definitely low enough to pull off a 0 offset wheel. the enkei 92 look-a-likes i had were 14x7 with a -3 offset and 7 mm spacers for caliper clearance, and i was almost tucking those lol.