What fits best, Weights & Sizes

real wheels or fake wheels

13%
87%
By Apexracing
Phoenix288 wrote:I choose to save up :P

Wasting your money, but to each their own.
By jefferydclark
#339914 eh he isn't wasting his money. its his money and his car so whatever he likes is fine. what is not fine is if anyone bashes another persons ride for lack of quality parts. I like "real" wheels and cars that have them but I probably wont ever own a set unless they are given to me.

secondly I just cant get myself to pay like 600-800 for a set of used "real" wheels that need completely refinishing..i can spend that much and have nice wheels ready to go.
By teal_dx
#339917 The cheapest made wheels are gravity cast while good quality wheels are low pressure cast. Even better wheels are high pressure cast. The pressure helps to prevent impurities which can weaken the casting and create a more dense casting.

Then you have forged & billet which are really expensive.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:The cheapest made wheels are gravity cast while good quality wheels are low pressure cast. Even better wheels are high pressure cast. The pressure helps to prevent impurities which can weaken the casting and create a more dense casting.

Then you have forged & billet which are really expensive.

Yup!!!!
By Phoenix288
#339922 By the way, I thought that Rota and König were "real companies". Was I wrong ???
By Apexracing
Phoenix288 wrote:By the way, I thought that Rota and König were "real companies". Was I wrong ???

Many would consider them fakes because they make wheels styled similar to others. My apologies :thumb:

I consider them as real as the next. Just not as strong as forged.
By teal_dx
#339924 Konig has original designs but they also make some copies. I consider Konig "Real"... they even have some light weight wheels.

Rota was the first knockoff company to make it big. I don't know if they have ever made any designs of their own. Now you have Drag and XXR etc making knockoffs of Rota's knockoffs. People bash Rota for copying others' designs, but Rota builds a good wheel (as does Drag, XXR,etc.)

There's a few track failures that made rounds on the internet, but they are isolated incidents and a lot of wheels (original or knockoff) can fail when pushed to those limits.
By Phoenix288
#339925 I chose Volk Racing for my future wheels because they use light alloys eventhough they are forged and not the cheapest ($500 a wheel).
Afterall, I want to get my car to be the lightest without getting rid of the luxuries.

BBS also use light alloys and were chose by Mine's for their GTRs for that reason.
By Adriano Martins
#339926 F** what everybody else opinion (I mention people that goes against yours or say that you gotta have money blah blah blah) . If your happy with the "fake" wheels, go for it!
By Phoenix288
#339929 LOL. We did get a little off topic too.
By Axix23
#340168 Most people don't realize that new replica wheels/tires are sometimes only like $300_$700 off from a set of used real wheels..... If you think about it, that's not really that much more. Just save and patient a few months later and have the real deal.