What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Ahkten
#338135 Hey Guys

Sorry if this has already posted, but I decided to post my rendition of some DIY centre caps.

I got my Drags back in the summer, and for some reason, I've noticed that Drags either come with all 4 caps, or none at all. I had originally decided to go and find an OEM honda centre cap but then I got lazy, only since i saw that there was no straight answer to the question online of which cap fit perfectly.

A couple days ago I searched DIY centre cap on the ol googles and the first thing I found was a guy who also was looking to cover his gap in his DR20s as well and he's used these!

2" electrical knockout enclosures. Which I bought here in BC at a local RONA. These are also available at Home Depot and im sure LOWES would have them too.

The middle of my DR20s is roughly 2.5 inches, but this happened to fit.

I had to adjust them by bending the clips a bit in order for them to fit properly. This is what they looked like before,

After prying and bending, lots of trial and error.
I managed to get them to fit, like so.

CHROME CITY! Not a huge fan of the look..

So, being the self-proclaimed Prince of Plastidip (lulz), I decided to plastidip them black to attempt to match them to original Drag centre caps.

BEFORE:

AFTER (Plastidipped black):

Overall finished product on my car:

They fit pretty snug for the most part. I drove with them all day and they didn't move at all. I still have to adjust them a bit so that they all fit flush in, but I'm pretty happy with the finished product.

This DIY cost me a total of $8.00 CDN. Not bad, considering if I wanted replacement Drag centre caps would've cost me almost $60.00 EACH cap, depending if I could even find a full set.
Last edited by Ahkten on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ahkten
#338151 Thanks guys!

Yeah I'm planning on buying another set of these caps and i'm gonna have my buddy make some Honda H's and stick them in the middle. He did a wicked job on my other white centre caps for my old EL rims, so i'm sure he'll be able to make something work!