What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By amanti
#333946 Hey i got a 1994 Eg coupe. Im trying to get new rims for my car. I was looking into getting all black diamond racing rims. I dont care what people say about my choice of rim all i need is the knowledge on knowing how to achieve what i want. So what i want to achieve is jus dropped and flush. I dont want flush and tucked i dont want stance where my wheel looks like its about to fall off no matter how good it looks or how ugly personal preference applies. But i was looking and the info for ordering require fields to be filled would i be close with what i want to achieve with 15x8 4x100 bolt pattern and a +0 offset? The only thing that throws me off is the offset and im not sure if the 15x8 would actually stay flush or poke out too much, i dont mind some poke but i dont want to look retarded riding around. Anyone with genuine knowledge please lend me some assistance please thanks.
By amanti
#333948 Also I have stock camber I forgot to mention.
By JohnRM
#333949 15x8 is already an aggressive set of wheels. No matter what it WILL stick out and you would have to negative camber it for the wheels to not stick out. Diamond racing wheels have that 0 offset. Check the stance thread. You'll see a lot of cars with different rim size and offset. Check my car out as well as I have 15x8 with a +20 offset. I had to negative 3 camber it so it doesn't stick out so much at my lowered height.
By amanti
#333953 So would you suggest 15x7 ? And what offset with stock camber? So I wouldn't have to get camber kit as well? [/quote]
By amanti
#333954 I'm jus trying to get rims at the moment I can't go all out wish I could but so my car jus gets done slowly so any recommendations?
By JohnRM
amanti wrote:So would you suggest 15x7 ? And what offset with stock camber? So I wouldn't have to get camber kit as well?
[/quote]

There's a sticky thread in this forum about our cars not needing a camber kit, read up on it. http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10807

Your second question: If I remember correctly, Teal (chime in, please!) mentions a width of no more than 7 or 7.5 for our cars.
By teal_dx
#333967 I recommend to look through the share your stance thread posted above to get an idea of what you want. You can go up to 8" wide but offset, ride height, tire stretch, fender rolling and camber will all have a say when it comes to rubbing.

And while you don't need a camber kit for a normal drop, going the hellaflush route will sometimes require additional negative camber for wide/really low offset wheels to clear. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
amanti wrote:So what i want to achieve is jus dropped and flush. I dont want flush and tucked

without pictures of examples i have no idea what you consider dropped and flush.

you can run whatever you want but every factor that Teal mentioned is going to play a part in how it looks in the end
By amanti
#333991 Yeah I got it thanks
By jred
#334008 Dont know bout the offsets but for tyre size you can use this :
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

it helps you choose a tyre size so you'll know how big your wheel diameter will get with the new rims/tyres compare to your old set up :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#334080 just so you know, i added a new thread that sorts our users pictures from the *SYS* thread by wheel size! from there, if you need more info you can post in the thread or PM the user who posted their setup!

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=27028 :thumb: