What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By bradleyg
#298786 I lowered my ride height about 1 1/2" or 2" today and now the tire rubs on the passenger side front. Its not too bad but annoying nonetheless.

Wheels are Rota Slipstream 15x6.5 I forget the offset but I think its +32 or +36 or something like that.

Tires are Nitto Neo Gen 205/50R15

It only rubs on the passenger side which I think is weird.

What could I do to get rid of the rub? I was thinking of maybe doing a 5mm wheel spacer but I'm open to ideas and opinions. I would like to go lower but cant because of this. Thanks :thumb:

Here are some pics for reference: (Don't mind all the mud, it had just rained the day before I did the work. It's all clean now :D )
By Hatch-O-Doom
#298787 Alligment might fix the problem... alot of people over look this when dropping there car...
By bradleyg
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:Alligment might fix the problem... alot of people over look this when dropping there car...

Thanks for the suggestion, I want to get an alignment soon. Maybe I should go talk to someone that does alignments and see if he thinks it will get rid of the rubbing. I want to go lower before I pay for an alignment though haha. :lol:
By EJ1_MK
#298791 I don't see how you rubbing on the inside of the fender well. I sit much lower than you and don't rub at all with the same offset and tire size. and I have no camber issue.

Its not rubbing the fender is it? I see the spot that it is hitting on the inner fender well, just with the drop and the way your car sits and the wheel and tire size it shouldn't be at all.

Can you hear it when it rubs
By bradleyg
EJ1_MK wrote:I don't see how you rubbing on the inside of the fender well. I sit much lower than you and don't rub at all with the same offset and tire size. and I have no camber issue.

Its not rubbing the fender is it? I see the spot that it is hitting on the inner fender well, just with the drop and the way your car sits and the wheel and tire size it shouldn't be at all.

Can you hear it when it rubs

No, it doesn't rub the fender at all, just on the inner wheel well in those three spots. Not at all on the other side. and yes I can hear it when I'm driving.
By EJ1_MK
#298797 Is it a constant rub?
By bradleyg
EJ1_MK wrote:Is it a constant rub?

If I'm going straight it only slightly rubs but then when I turn right just a little it rubs worse. It's pretty much constant though.
By EJ1_MK
#298888 Ok I have been looking at the first picture that shows the upper control arm have you taken it off to see if the bushings are good or not I, if they are worn out that can cause back and forth movement and then when you turn its not staying still if that makes sense.

The only part of the front end that should be pivoting is the spindle assembly. the upper and lower control arms should be at a constant position.

And alignment would show if you have caster issues and if so I would recommend getting a camber kit for the front from buddy club or skunk2 or get a bushing kit and replace the upper control arm bushings. any should work.
By bradleyg
EJ1_MK wrote:Ok I have been looking at the first picture that shows the upper control arm have you taken it off to see if the bushings are good or not I, if they are worn out that can cause back and forth movement and then when you turn its not staying still if that makes sense.

The only part of the front end that should be pivoting is the spindle assembly. the upper and lower control arms should be at a constant position.

And alignment would show if you have caster issues and if so I would recommend getting a camber kit for the front from buddy club or skunk2 or get a bushing kit and replace the upper control arm bushings. any should work.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out those bushings tomorrow in the day time and see if they're any good still. You've been a big help thanks for all the tips. I'm still pretty new to all this stuff so I need all te help I can get granted that I'm 17 still in school working nights haha. I appreciate all the helpful people on this forum. I'm going to see about an alignment too as soon as possible. Thanks again :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#298912 i could understand if it was rubbing both sides but just one? :eh:

probably need an alighnment as said above somethin seems outta wack.

you could just give her a good beatin with a hammer :lol:
By EJ1_MK
bradleyg wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Ok I have been looking at the first picture that shows the upper control arm have you taken it off to see if the bushings are good or not I, if they are worn out that can cause back and forth movement and then when you turn its not staying still if that makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out those bushings tomorrow in the day time and see if they're any good still. You've been a big help thanks for all the tips. I'm still pretty new to all this stuff so I need all te help I can get granted that I'm 17 still in school working nights haha. I appreciate all the helpful people on this forum. I'm going to see about an alignment too as soon as possible. Thanks again :thumb:

Not a problem I will look at mine in the morning when I get off work and see how the spindle sits, It looks to me that yours sits a bit forward and your wheel is turned like it is knocking it out of the correct position. but that spindle should be straight up and down with the coil over.