What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By hondafreak95
#294779 What would be the best fit for a EJ1 Civic coupe 15X7.5 with +40 offset or 15X8 with a +36 offset? and what tire size would work the best for minimal rubbing? this car is gonna be slammed i just want to know what would work the best without the wheels sticking out past the fender because i dont want to roll the fenders
By Landonseg8
#294785 both sizes shouldnt stick out at all. unless your goin to have it slammed with no negative camber, then youll have to roll your fenders.
By EJ1_MK
#294787 You will have to HAVE TO ROLL THE FENDERS either way. you slam the car it will tear into your tire. There really is no other way to slam and tuck tire with out rolling the fender.

Mine are rolled on 205 50r 15 all the way around and it still rubs I need to roll them more and I am on a 6.5 wheel stepping that up to a x7 with slicks this year.
By hondafreak95
#294797 Well my buddy has an ek coupe and he doesnt have any problems rubbing without rolled fenders running 15X8 949 wheels and ive seen some EJs on the internet without rolled fenders with these wheels im obviously gonna get a camber kit and camber them a little bit the rubbing doesnt concern me as much as them sticking out past the fender
By Blk95coupe
#294854 I would care about the fenders tearing up my tires but I guess I don't like replacing blown out tires on the side of the road either.

I run 15x6.5 with 195-50s and even I rub once in a while I'm not rolled at all.

I would look into rolling them if you want to run goofy looking wheels.
By hondafreak95
#294859 how can you be rubbing? i have the exact same set up as you do right now for winter 15X6.5 and same tires and im completely maxxed out slammed with JIC Coilovers and i dont rub at all with that set up
By EJ1_MK
hondafreak95 wrote:how can you be rubbing? i have the exact same set up as you do right now for winter 15X6.5 and same tires and im completely maxxed out slammed with JIC Coilovers and i dont rub at all with that set up

Whats your camber set at right now?
By hondafreak95
#294988 stock camber, i have Buddy Club P1 Camber kit front and rear im going to install soon
By EJ1_MK
hondafreak95 wrote:stock camber, i have Buddy Club P1 Camber kit front and rear im going to install soon

How is it stock when you are slammed? Did you have and alignment when you lowered the car? My guess is that your camber is some where around -2.5 to -3 in the front. as the car get lower you increase negative camber. if your tires are tucked into the fender and they do not touch the lip on the fender then you have negative camber.
By hondafreak95
#295097 Obviously?, i know how lowering a car affects camber, everyone is making this more complicated then it needs to be, i was just wondering if it would work without rolling fenders simple yes or no question
By tegpower18
#295362 ran the 15x8's with a 195 and hated the minorly stretched tired would recommned running at least a 205