What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By 95cpeEX
#286497 im gettin a set of gold 17" rota subzero's in a trade and would like to know how to tell the difference between the real thing or the fake crap.

i have heard that on the back of the rim it should say "roja" if its a real rota and if it says "rota" its fake.
By mADmAN
#286500 huh??? arent rotas themselves already fakies?

anyway...the back of my auto x says "rota" and not "roja".

bought them from an authorized distributor.
By 95cpeEX
#286501 i know that there are fake rotas. i had a set of 17" gold rota gt3's. but from all the research i did, i found that rota never made a 17" gt3's. so i had a set of fake gt3's

*edit* nvm i was wrong. rota did make a 17" gt3 my bad
By egbeegee
#286510 Real rota shoud have a stamp on there that says rota. Correct me if I'm wrong but roja was a whole diffrent brand of wheel.
By egbeegee
#286513 I did a little google serch and ro ja is a brand of wheels endorsed by rj de vera. Ro ja motorsports.
By FG2_Andrew
#286531 rota wheels should be stamped "ROTA" - company #1
roja wheels should be stamped "ROJA" - campany #2
By Ajax1989
#286542 Almost anythnng is better then rota .. but my rotas don't have a stamp.. the only reason I know is I took a pic of the info sticker on the inside of the rim.. like under the tire.. but don't worry about getting a knock off rota.. Cuz what u might get is probably gonna be better
By FG2_Andrew
#286544 I wouldn't say Rota wheels are terrible. I would never run a $1000 set of rims on my hatch because there's no reason to if you're just DDing it. But that has nothing to do with the OP.

There will either be stickers or a stamp. /thread
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#286548 i got some Rota RBs. they are awesome
By FG2_Andrew
#286583 guys, please stay on topic. the thread isn't about if Rotas are real wheels or fake or if they are awesome wheels for the $$$ or not.

the thread is about how to tell Rotas from walmart specials and the difference between Rota and Roja
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#286590 ive seen really cheap real ones and really expensive fake ones.... just be just watch where and who your buying it from
By familyEGuy23
#286610 Simply put it'll have ROTA stamped in the back along with the specs, offset, etc.
My slips had the stamp, already sold though :cry:

I think the fake Rota rims you're referring to are Drag rims they are similar
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
familyEGuy23 wrote::

I think the fake Rota rims you're referring to are Drag rims they are similar

yea drag rims are really similar.
By tegpower18
#286644 A fake rota? I dont think there is a such thing usually its konig rota and drag all usually just do the same replica wheels
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:but don't worry about getting a knock off rota.. Cuz what u might get is probably gonna be better

:lol: :lol: :lol: