What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By nismomaxima
#282412 When i bought my 95 sedan it came with the stock 13"X5 steel rims with some crapy aftermarket hub caps. Being that it has new tires, i dont plan to purchase any rims at the moment. So i took off the hub caps and cleaned the steel rims. I thought they were black at first but they are acually a light grey color. It looks nice the way it is and im sure it will look better once i lower the car. Now i got the idea from watching cars with my son, when i saw Doc the Hudson hornet with some red painted steel rims. I dont want to paint it red but i was thinking of some other colors like painting them white, gunmetal, black with chrome lip, or just polishing them to making them look chrome. Im also thinking of adding the honda oem center cap to these. Or maybe i should just leave them alone? I am still adding the center caps so they wont look too plain. Any input? Now i dont know the exact name of the color of my car but its a blueish purple color. Exactly like this smiley " :o " Hope you guys can help me out by giving me any ideas. I dont want to paint them pink, neon green, or any wild color.
By asianrob
#282426 i think that colour is called "horizon gray" id just leave them or paint them black.
By gtstripes
#282427 ouch, reading that was a mind and eye fuck LOL

anyway man i had the same issue on what colour to do my steelies. i got mine all rusted and shit so i just sanded them down and used some leftover black engine paint and they came out glossy black and looked sexy..

black goes with any colour like white and isnt "wacky" so id go with them 2 :thumb:

just dont make it look like chrome, please. i will pay you haha

but either way it comes down to your choice, dont take my advice its just an idea, build your car how ever you want it :thumb: :thumb:

PS. post some pics!
By Flatland_EG
#282428 If you can find some 13" beauty rings you could put them on as well, they look surprisingly good. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#282437 If you're set on doing a set of steelies, I'd recommend picking up a set of 14" from another 92-00 civic or even a set of 15" steelies from a newer 01-05 civic. The rim to tire ratio will look a lot better, especially with a set of trim rings. Or if this is a budget project, just do the 13" as you describe and it will still look good. :thumb:
By nismomaxima
asianrob wrote:i think that colour is called "horizon gray" id just leave them or paint them black.

Horizon Grey huh! Thanx
Also i was thinking on leaving them black.
By nismomaxima
gtstripes wrote:ouch, reading that was a mind and eye fuck LOL

:lol:
By nismomaxima
#282623 Thanks for the input guys. Ill post up some pics of my car later with the stock steel rims i got along with some pictures of rims i saw that might help me decide better