What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By EJ1-danny
#276848 theres a weird sound coming from my 94 civic hatch i cant seem to figure out whats causing it. i just recently put rims on my hatch. i currently have 16 inch rims with 205/40/16 tires before i put the rims on i was driving on stock steels. the noise sounds like its coming from the driver side front wheel. the noise sounds like a piece of metal scrapping against the tire or rim as i reach speeds of 30-40 the sound gets louder and louder when i slow down or stop it doesnt make the sound. the sound happens when i drive straight but before when i had the steels on it would make it when i turned the wheel to the right. i checked the rim and tire to see if there was any sign of scraping but didnt see anything and its not the caliper. the dust sheild behind the rotor doesnt seem in the way either. anyone have an idea of what it could be :?
By TrailerTrash
#276849 wheel bearing :?
By poorman type-r
#276862 My friend had this happen to him as well. Everytime we were on the freeway or we hit a turn it would make this annoying screeching sound and then at times we would hit a bump hard enough and it would stop. I don't know what it was but we swapped the tires to the back and the back to the front and problem was solved. Make sure your lug nuts are tightened down also. There could be a chance that they are loose. Idk. Just throwin out ideas for you bro. :?
By EJ1-danny
poorman type-r wrote:My friend had this happen to him as well. Everytime we were on the freeway or we hit a turn it would make this annoying screeching sound and then at times we would hit a bump hard enough and it would stop. I don't know what it was but we swapped the tires to the back and the back to the front and problem was solved. Make sure your lug nuts are tightened down also. There could be a chance that they are loose. Idk. Just throwin out ideas for you bro. :?

ya as i was backing up from my parking space it started making the noise but when i hit a pot hole it stopped i drove it to work and on the highway it didnt make any noise even at like 80-90mph im going to try to swap the tires cause its really loud and annoying :(
By elrompetoto
#276920 Chek the dust shield 4 the bakes sound like it got bent wile there where replacing the tires and it's tucking the roter on the back side ...... Also ur brakes have a bracket that holds the shoes in place if the brAket snaps one of he brakes will drag and make a meatel screeching sound.
By aceboogie
#276943 I wanna know what this is too. i have the same problem and i met some other eg/ej's this weekend and they do too so i thought it was another Civic problem.
By EJ1-danny
#276944 people are telling me is the dust plate behind the rotor im going to have to take the rim off and look i havent been able to cause i dont have a regular jack just the piece of shit scissor jack which is a pain in the ass to use but by looking into the wheel well with the rim on it doesnt seem like its the plate so im not sure :thumbdown: