What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By rosey1990
#132219 I think that I had better use a metal primer, as we get much worse weather over here and the last thing I want, is paint flaking! Would you recommend an Etch primer or a regular primer? Just wondered, because I'm a bit worried that an Etch primer would be harmful to the polished surface, if it were to seap underneath the masking tape or burn through it lol! Once again, your help will be much appreciated :)
By teal_dx
#132260 The etch primer should be alright. If a little bit gets past the masking, just wet sand it off - it shouldn't take much elbow grease. Etching primer will give you the best bond to bare metal :thumb:
By estilomania
#135307 wow! turns out really nice, it's almost as shiny as chrome..
By rosey1990
#142433 Just finished polishing the first of my EM1 wheels, so thought I'd get some pictures up! These were in very bad condition when I bought them. They were badly corroded with bubbling around the centres, and lots of curbing marks. I ended up wet sanding down to 3000 grit, and then used a two stage polish to get the shine. Here are the results :D

Just wanna say thanks to Teal-dx, for all the advice he gave me! :thumb:
By Chance
#142434 Nice work dude! Those look fantastical! :thumb:
By rosey1990
#142460 Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah they've taken me about 10 weeks to complete from the date I bought them. Defo worth the effort, not sure I'd do it again though, absolutely murders your hands lol! And I still haven't quite finished the other three yet :( haha!

I'm thinking about machine polishing them, to get an even better finish. So I'll get more pictures up, as and when I've finished that process.
By Punksz6
#142723 Dam now thats SHInNY!! :thumb:
By PandaHatch
#143481 if i can find pics i will post.. I polished some 6 spoke wheels from 80 to 2000. fingers bleeding then painted the inside gunmetal...baby mom got mad at me took them outside and drug them across the pavement after two bleeding weeks of work, pimp slap out of question due to soreness of hands lol
heres the pics:

Not as nice as some of yours but good enough for an off brand set of wheels.
By SiWannabe
#152391 Image

Polished them up this spring, been enjoying them all summer. 94 Prelude VTEC wheels (AKA Sawblades). Used your walkthrough as a guide, thanks! Many days, perhaps weeks of work, but so worth it.
By kimosabe
#167193 polished rims need more care ??
By pinky
#167209 What about brake dust? I have some hx's that came with my car, and the front 2 wheels have the black dust from cheap brake pads. I plan on getting ceramic brake pads asap, but after that, I wanna polish them all. Does everything mentioned go right along, or is there a better way to get the brake dust off?
By chrono404
#167288 SiWannabe,

Those polished rims on that CB7 Wagon are awesome. :thumb: I have not scene those before. Saying it looks good does no justice, They look amazing. :thumb: :thumb:
By jamminator
#168484 So i just bought a set of Si wheels. im planning on following this DIY and have a couple questions. whats the best way to remove all the factory paint before i start sanding? im also wondering if you wet sand all the way from 180 to 2000 grit?

this is the best of the 4

and this is the worst