What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By teal_dx
#223330 Cleaning the garage and always moving wheels around made me really wonder why I keep so many wheels, some don't even fit my cars. Then I went through some old cd's of pictures, even floppy disks, and found images of every set of wheels I have ever owned. My name is Brian and I am a wheel whore!

I would consider myself a wheel whore on a budget, never having dropped a lot of $$$$ on a set of wheels. Many of the wheels I purchase are ebay 'local pickup only' or listed incorrectly so they don't get much bid action. A few Craigslist finds here and there too. Also I've become known as a wheel whore among friends so if someone knows of someone wanting to sell their wheels for cheap, they usually ask me.

1. Ultra type 112 16x7.5" purchased in 1996 for my Chevy Lumina Euro 3.1 (lol) later moved to a 94 Pontiac GTP

2. 1997 Mustang GT 17x8" Concave split 5 spokes (no pic) came on the car and the clear coat over the machined surface was going bad. Had them professionally re-finished and they have been in the boxes since then (late 90's). Still have them in the attic.

3. 1994 Cobra 17x8" Pace Car. +40mm H&R spacers on rear. Still have these.

4. BBS RSII 16x8 5x4.5" Went to a local silent auction, Picked these up for $35 with brand new shaved goodyears. Sold them shortly after.
excuse the crappy pics, I rocked a sony digi cam that used a floppy disk back in then

5. OZ Racing 17x9 from a corvette 5x4.75", also from the same auction as above. $71 for these lol
Loved them but had nothing they would fit so I sold them.

6. Unknown 16x7, 16x9 5x4.5" from the same auction for $51. I never sold these because I never knew anything about them or what they would fit. Turns out these are probably the rarest wheels I have ever seen and they belong to an early PPG Mustang prototype pace car in Jack Roush's personal museum- only 2 known sets exist.

7. ROH 14" Bought these in college off ebay for my 92 civic. Seller said they were 4x100 but found out they were 4x114.3 when I tried to put them on. Sold them again on ebay.

8. Another set of 17x8 Cobras. Separated the wheels & tires & sold them all.

9. Fittipaldi Tubolare 18x9" $380 from a clearance sale on ebay, in 2002. Still on the car.

10. 16x7" ADR Lightning (Blitz knockoffs) another ebay clearance deal. They were for my EG. Curbed 1 real bad, only used 2 for a while rolling mis-matched 16's.
for sale

11. 16x7 Konig Zeige. Still have this 1 wheel, never used.

12. 16x7 Enkei DM5 - pair.
for sale

13. 17x7" Scion tC wheels. $200 bought them for a girl I was dating but lucky it ended BEFORE I gave them to her. Traded them for RH Evolutions (below)

14. 14" CRX Phone Dials. set of 4 for $20, how could I pass that up! They were 18 lbs each though. Sold them.

15. 17x7" RH Evolution T-10 Traded the TC wheels for these with tires. Looked too big on my civic, sold them.

16. Carlsson 19x8" 2/5 - an ebay 'local pickup only' auction with no reserve. These are the nicest wheels I have ever owned. Sold them.

17. Integra GSR's 15x6. Going to polish them eventually.

18. 14" Civic HX wheels. came on my HX which retired my hatch as a daily driver. The HX rims now went to the hatch for auto-x.
before:
after:

19. Migilia Spider 16x7.5" an ebay local pickup only, re-sold.

20. Drag DR6 17x7" another local ebay auction, re-sold.

21. ADR Fuel 19x7.5" local purchase, re-sold

22. Aerospeed F1 17x7" local purchase, re-sold

23. Prime 3 bar 15x7" another local pickup only auction, only $1 lol! sold

24. Riax Seca Series 16x7 another local pickup only auction, $1 for the pair. sold

25. Prime 189 15x8 negative offset, $50 on Craigslist. bought them just because I loved the dish. I remember seeing these when i was shopping for my Ultras in '96 and drooling over the dish. want to refinish them and they will look cool sitting in my garage since they don't fit any of my vehicles

26. Jeep 15" 5 spoke steel wheels 5x114.3 - local pickup ebay auction. Probably selling these soon
update- sold

27. BMW M5 18x8.5 cheap from a friend of a friend who didn't want them anymore.
update- sold

28 . Poor man's Rotas 4x100 15" Seller had these listed completely wrong. going to refinish & sell I think. Not sure what make they are... but they're light.

29. Work Euroline S2H Mighty staggered 15" - This is the purchase that I just made. I feel like a true wheel whore now with these, supposedly the only set in the US. Only other ones I've ever seen are 18"+ on lexus forums and don't have the exposed lugs. I wanted some baller shoes for my civic.
for sale

30. Another ebay purchase - 2 pc. 5x112 19x8.5 & 9.5 momo fxl2
I'll be cleaning these up and selling them.
update- sold

UPDATE
31. I got these Jongbloed's for $4! They're magnesium and by far the lightest wheel I've ever picked up. I think there's heavier dishes in the kitchen. Too bad it was only a pair...

32. These were also a couple bucks from an auction:
Not sure what they are, 15" and they say "Made in Germany" and "ATC"

33. Another local cheap ebay auction
set of 5 15" Ronal R15, unfortunately without center caps. Probably selling these. I'd love to find center caps for these!

34. Someone local was moving and knew I liked wheels so they sold me these for cheap. 18" TRD's

35. Volk / Rays TE37 in need of some refinishing. two are 15x7.5 and two are 15x8" which are both rare finds in 4x100mm as they had to originally be custom ordered in that size. I plan on restoring these.

36. OZ Racing forged Starlights 15x7. There were 2 known 4x100 15" sets on H-T and then a third popped up on local craigslist from some guy's basement. I scooped them up asap, he didn't know how rare they were.
I'm going to run them on my hatch because I'm selling the Work Eurolines this weekend. Tired of flush and scraping & rubbing all the time.

37. 18" F150 alloys.
Was at a guy's house looking at a set of 4 lug wheels which ended up not being as good in person. So he gave me these instead for cheap!
sold

38. 14" Ronal VW wheel 4x100
for sale if anyone needs one

I also have the 85 toyota now so I got a set of 89+ 15x8 alloys for that with 33"s AT's for daily driving and a set of 15x8 soft 8's with 35"s for offroad.

No car deserves only 1 set of wheels! You have at leaast a couple pairs of shoes, don't you? :D
Lets see your wheel collection!
Last edited by teal_dx on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By goblin
#223380 i cant top that.... take my hat off to you man.. i've only one car and one wheels.

:woot: Ohio wheel whore queen :woot:
By Flatland_EG
#223442 I want a set of those CRX Phone Dials, they're just different and that's what I'm all about, being a little different than everybody else. My nephew had a CRX with those a few years back and I've never seen another set since. I think they'd look pretty decent on my sedan.
By LaosToaster
#228385 since u dont have any blue rims on here i'll post mine up :D

Rota slip knockoffs lol :hehe:
By dogfight
#229469 thats a great collection man!

I wish i still had all my other wheels.

i wish i didnt have to sell them :(
By familyEGuy23
#229696 Teal you are a wheel whore! :lol: that's a lot of tires
Here's mines still have all of them :P

Konig 14" idk anything about it just one wheel currently selling

2 Hx rims or vx? Got at junkyard for $40 I'm looking for the other two
By Gustavo
#229718 2 Hx rims or vx? Got at junkyard for $40 I'm looking for the other two
Image[/quote]
N im looking for the other 3.
By JohnAWESOME
#230850 Hey yea those are HX I am looking for a set myself I have the stock vx wheels now

By Ajax1989
familyEGuy23 wrote:@Gustavo : good luck :thumb: so they're hx?

find the other 2 nd ill trade u my fat 5's
lol
By familyEGuy23
JohnAWESOME wrote:Hey yea those are HX I am looking for a set myself I have the stock vx wheels now

Nice rims look the same as hx the only difference is the size
By familyEGuy23
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:@Gustavo : good luck :thumb: so they're hx?

find the other 2 nd ill trade u my fat 5's
lol

Lol thanx but I'm not really a big fan of the fat fives...no hits on craigslist yet?
By kingjmack
#230960 Here's a old pic of the wheels I had on my truck
By familyEGuy23
#230962 I forgot about these as well...

Integra special edition starfish rims or whatever else people call them

Didn't like the big center cap so I put this on instead

I found these for a good price but were only 3 I'm currently looking for the last one..Rota Slipstream 16" or spoon knockoffs

Mounted before I dropped my car

Discontinued rims currently on my Prelude
Mangels Onyx 14"

And that's my collection :D