What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By bk_civiceg
#217240 I have had several people warning me about aluminum lugnuts, but I don't see how they could be so bad. :? I know they oxidize and everything, but so does every other metal. Are having aluminum lugnuts (Blox) such a big safety hazard? Does it depend on the type of wheel studs? Has anyone run aluminum lug nuts with no problem? I just don't want to end up twisting off a wheel stud but for the low cost of aluminum lugs I am tempted to buy them. I will be putting new lug nuts on circuit 8's. Thanks.
By Flatland_EG
#217301 I'd check out skunk2 lugs as well, they're made out of aircraft grade aluminum so they're going to pretty tough. Our local shop has sold quite a few with no problems that I am aware of. I've never used them before so this is just a guess, but just like spark plugs you might want to add a little anti-seize to the threads before you put them on.
All in all, if they weren't safe they wouldn't be on the market. Like wheels, they have to meet certain safety criteria for them to make it to market.
By 1updelsol
#217837 ive used blox lugnuts for years now. never had any problems.. only tip is i would get a deep dish 19mm socket from like kragen or auto zone.. or whatever is around.. cuz if you use a regular 19mm lug wrench the lugnuts will get scratched and eventually bent out of shape.. i have stock/ oem studs and they have worked fine for me for years.... just need the 19mm deep dish and a big enough hole on your rims to fit the lugs in if u kno what i mean
By Mordiiax
#217843 The special adapter tool often supplied for the nuts are common to breaking, especially the cheaper ebay sets.
I got some Mutegi lugnuts two years ago and both the nuts and tool hold up quite well :)
By bk_civiceg
#218141 Sweet thanks guys! I'll be getting some black blox lug nuts.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#218207 One thing i would be careful with...

Working at Discount Tire as a Ass. Manager for several years i learned a few things lol

Aluminum lug nuts on steel wheels or vice versa can cause REALLLL issues!!!!

The two metals actually react to one another causing either a corrosion which could effect the torque of the lug nuts and eventually either the lug nuts backing off or the threads becoming weak due to corrosion.

Or they could actually weld themselves together, which makes things VERRRRY interesting to remove.

Now this is not a 100% of the time and is no where near common, it happens when certain types of metals go into the making of the metal that your dealing with. Most manufacturers compensate with the materials for this as far as I'm aware.

But i have had to cut off a few sets of lug nuts from vehicles when this happens ... no fun. But again the amount of wheels and tires we dealt with made the margin of seeing this happen greater. Just thought i would mention it.

Also the factory Honda wheels, most of them use what is called a ball seat not a cone seat. Most aftermarket lug nuts are cone seat unless explicitly asked for other wise. Now they WILL work, but they are not safe, because the torque of the lug nuts can never be guaranteed when the two surfaces are not truly flush with one another.

Sorry for the book, got to typing and didn't realize HOW MUCH i typed lol.