What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By jb-b16b-ej1
#215317 Hey guys i do alot of work at a machine shop my step dad works with led sled customs out of dayton ohio and i was talking with him about fabricating a shorter lower control arm to flush things up for you guys that like to run the wide wheel and low offset wheels and would like to save tires and performance i was wanting some input on if yuou guys like the idea and if they would sell and please dont steal my idea tryin to feed a fam u know
By teal_dx
#215326 wouldn't that throw off the entire geometry of the suspension and make the car impossible to align?

That would create major toe-out in the rear. Positive camber too...
By Greasedmonkey
#215330 most people run the low offset with crazy camber because its a trend.
By jb-b16b-ej1
#215336 i was taking the alignment issues into hand my stepdad is very knowledgable in this stuff and he said it could be done and about the trend i understand that fully just thought it would be a little helpful for some people who want to save on tires i know toe out is what eats tires worse than camber but the crazy camber just further wears components and im trying to find a way to fix that but i appreciate your opinions and ill let you know if i make any progress just trying to test my skills and do something different
By Chance
#215352 Why not, Fabricate a set and get a volunteer with low offset wheels to test them out. Right there you could pin point any issues with alignment/toe or any other issues you might come across.
By asianrob
#215375 there was company called Suspension Techniques or (ST for short) that made adjustable Lower control arms for 88-00 civics and custom drop forks for the front
By Benj
asianrob wrote:there was company called Suspension Techniques or (ST for short) that made adjustable Lower control arms for 88-00 civics and custom drop forks for the front

they are expensive
By asianrob
Benj wrote:
asianrob wrote:there was company called Suspension Techniques or (ST for short) that made adjustable Lower control arms for 88-00 civics and custom drop forks for the front

they are expensive

they also dont make them any more either

they made be a tad expensive but most i seen them go for if you can find any where aaround 150-200 bucks.

which is cheap function 7 LCA is about 220+shipp
By jb-b16b-ej1
#215470 i dont think ill have but about 25 dollars in the part for the billet aluminum
By teal_dx
#215483 so you're thinking something like the bottom one in this pic:

(That's the suspension techniques version)
But less of a V angle and shorter?

for only $25 in materials, I'd say go for it :thumb:
By jb-b16b-ej1
#215484 thats what i was thinkin it dont cost that much and if i get it done i will sell them for a trial ride at a big discount for the fellow civic eg members
but that looks a little like the style of adjustment i was thinkin except my design of the whole control arm will be sicker