What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By projectcivik
#211463 Im thinking of buying some 9j 4x114.3 wheels of a mate for cheap but how do i get them to fit on my 4 stud civic VEI, is there somewhere i can buy some adaptors or summing??
By teal_dx
#211480 cheapest option: you can buy hubcentric adapters but they will add to your offset, pushing the wheels out further.

second and best option is to convert your car to 4x114.3 from the civic type R parts.

third option is to get the wheels re-drilled but this is expensive and certain models of wheels cannot have this done due to the design.
By projectcivik
#211491 Is that is EP Type R or what one???
By Greasedmonkey
teal_dx wrote:cheapest option: you can buy hubcentric adapters but they will add to your offset, pushing the wheels out further.

second and best option is to convert your car to 4x114.3 from the Integra type R 96 spec parts.

third option is to get the wheels re-drilled but this is expensive and certain models of wheels cannot have this done due to the design.

Fixed
By ImThaBean
#211615 Yes. My friends old 92 had 4x114.3 '96 ITR's and was running prelude hubs all around.
By Greasedmonkey
#211876 the replacement parts for the 96 spec swap use prelude and accord parts since we didnt get the 96 spec itr here to begin with.
By FREDDY1
#218973 IM in the middle of finding a 4x114 conversion on my car but u said i can run prelude hubs all around with no problem?? any info on this ?? it will save me a lot of moneYY!
By FREDDY1
#219179 just got the info i needed and here is it for all you other ppl that might have some use for it..

http://www.jdmrides.ca/forum/4x114-3-it ... p;p=942393

ok, so it seems like this swap is getting more and more popular however alot of people are confused on what works and what doesn't work when it comes to the 1996 JDM ITR brake setup conversion. i've been getting alot of PM's with questions on this so i thought i would make a thread for ease of information.

ok so some basic facts:

- the 4x114.3 brake setup came off of the 1996 JDM ITR. this was the only year that the ITR came in this setup. everything after that was all 5bolt.

- accords and older preludes also came with a 4x114.3 setup so rims will fit. however most people with DCs/EGs/EKs use the ITR trailing arms and hubs because it's a bolt on application.

- this setup works with any acura integra RS/LS/GSR brake pad.

-the calipers on the 4x114.3 setup are the same size as the integra RS/LS/GSR caliper. now this is up for debate. RS/LS/GSR calipers fit the 4x114.3 setup perfectly; some say the 97 ITR caliper is the same size but gives better braking, this is up for discussion.

pros and cons

pros:

- great price. for around $750 for the conversion, you can get the 4x114.3 hubs, rotors, ball joints, calipers, trailing arms, rims (white ITR's) and tires.

- easy rear disc conversion for civic with rear drum brakes

- much better braking when matched with the ITR 1inch brake master clinder.

- ballHiN ITR rims

- great alternative if your car is in need of new calipers/pads/rotors/ball joints/wheelbearings. you can save some coin by picking up this conversion.

- you can easily upgrade to 5 bolt (bigger) calipers and a 11.1 inch rotor. (will get to this later)

cons:

- finding rotors for this application is a little hard. it is hard to find a stock sized integra rotor which is a 10.3inch in a 4x114.3 pattern. one option is to get a regular 4x100 integra RS/GS/LS/GSR rotor and have a machine shop re-drill it to a 4x114.3 rotor.

- rims. in the honda world, are harder to find for 4x114.3. mostly everything is in either a 4x100 pattern or a 5x114.3 setup. you may luck out and find a nice set you want, but it is harder when compared to shopping for 4x100's or 5x114.3's.

- the rear lower controll arms are the same style as the 5 bolt ITR controll arms, so you will either need to get aftermarket lower controll arms like meagns or bloxx etc, OEM lca's off any non-type R integra OR replace your shock/spring combo with type R suspension.

other facts:

the popular "big brake upgrade"

this "big brake upgrade" is very worth it in results according to the people i have talked to who have done it.

this upgrade consistes of having the 4x114.3 setup already and changing up a few parts. to do this it requires:

- Prelude SRV 11inch rotors. these rotors are already drilled for the prelude 4x114.3 setup.

- 5 bolt (98+) ITR calipers. these calipers are much bigger than the 4x114.3 caliper

- 5 bolt ITR caliper brackets. these need to be machined down a little bit in order to space the 5 bolt itr caliper properly on the new 11inch prelude rotor. all of this fits under the stock 15inch 97 jdm itr wheels.

- pair the 5 bolt itr caliper and new prelude 11inch rotor with a good set of pads and the 1 inch master clinder and you will have a very good brake setup.

Replacement parts

some people ask, "where can i get replacement parts??" this info is tricky to find on the net.

wheel bearings: OEM integra RS/LS/GSR wheel bearings fit perfectly into the 4x114.3 hubs.

ball joints: once again, RS/LS/GSR integra

axles: any non 5 bolt ITR axle fits into the 4x114.3 so any integra axle except the 98+ itr.

wheel studs: RS/LS/GSR integra or extended ones if you want.

bushings: once again, RS/LS/GSR integra.

pics for reference:

1996 jdm itr w/4x114.3 setup