What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By lud_08
#191947 i brought some used 17 inch rims with 215/40 tires and after driving awhile on all 4 tires, there is extreme inner wear. I dont know anything about wheels, can i get some help on what i can do to stop it.
By forcefedEG
#191948 sounds like your cambers off... if its just on the insides, but if its cupping the tires and cutting into the tread on an angle its more than likely your toe, i would recomend a 4 wheel alignment, but once a tire starts to wear like that it wont stop... you can make it so its not as bad though... hope that helps :thumb:

p.s. did you check and make sure ther not rubbing??? :?
By lud_08
#191981 its definately from rubbing. i was reading the stickies and i was reading on offset. could it be there is not enough positive offset on the rims causing it to rub on the inside edge of the tire?

i want to make sure i find out what the problem is so i can decide whether or not to get new tires or sell my rims for a better fitting set.
By chilango41
#191983 I personally think 17's are tooo big. Try 15's, I bet you will be happy :D
By teal_dx
#191985 215 is too wide of a tire as well. for a 17x7" rim, the tire size is usually a 205/40R17 for our cars.

And that is correct, a lower offset will cause the tire to rub on the inside. Do you know your offset?
By lud_08
#191987 im not sure cause i brought them used, but how would i measure it. I really didn't understand how to measure it from the sticky.
By lud_08
#194867 i checked again and the rim is 17x8, its too wide right?
By lud_08
#194900 Image
By teal_dx
#194909 yeah definitely too wide if you're rubbing that much w/o being lowered...
You could try billet spacers but then they might rub on the outside. Just too wide for the car.
By lud_08
#195173 they've been off my car for awhile, im already selling them. atleast i have a little bit of knowledge rims now. im definitely going with 15's or 16's and im measuring them this time. thanks for the help guys.