What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Classiccarsrule85
#190682 Alright so having owned BMW's working on classic Vw's ,BMW's etc....dont know if you get where im going yet but here we go

ever since a fairly vast amount of people have either broken a lug, or something like that.......

and to this day even my father said to me that he never saw a car with the bolt lug style such as bmws not the nut style never once while he was a corner worker see one brake off however it seemed like the ones with the nut style seemed to have the stud brake off or something like that......

So given this im thinking hard about how i might be able to switch things around and make something like this work ....

Or would it just be more beneficial to research some other wheel lug stud setup??

Just dont want something to end up breaking whilst im racing etc.....
By egsedanguy
#190684 not sure what you are wanting. are you talking about how the bmw and vw have a stud that screws in rather than a lug nut screwing on a stud. honestly ther is no need. studs break when you over tighten them. also you could just upgrade the studs.
By Gorveatt
#190693 Image
By Classiccarsrule85
egsedanguy wrote:not sure what you are wanting. are you talking about how the bmw and vw have a stud that screws in rather than a lug nut screwing on a stud. honestly ther is no need. studs break when you over tighten them. also you could just upgrade the studs.

Was wanting to change the studs to the bmw vw style bolt style like you where saying.....and well i think i was half asleep or something because i dont even understand what i wrote and after that i passed out for 4hours lol.....just woke up again....anyhow main concept.
take teh bmw vw style lugs and replace the studs on a civic with that of bmw.....i think itd be more work but itd also look cleaner. idk lol

By chrono404
#190756 Doing that would make putting rims on harder, When you have studs you set them on the studs. Having to put bolts in seams like it would be harder to line up.

My dad was looking at the screen when this was up and mentioned that Dodge did back in the 50's and no one liked them.

If you do it I want to see pics. Its always cool to see conversion pics. However I'm not sure that you would be happy with the end result.
By JUICE
#190763 ARP chromoly extended studs FTW :thumb:

wish i would of welded mine in to prevent from ever stripping but, they definitely had way more "bite" into the hub than the stock ones do...

i know them bitches will never snap off though..

and o ya, they look mad tyte :P