What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By ikon
#163291 did a beer run tonight and when i got out and looked at my wheels...... another stud was broken!!!! :x :x [smilie=BangHead.gif] :?: i have no idea why. i changed my tie rod and i thought i fixed the problem then..... boom. its back. any suggestions.
By asianrob
#163341 get a different spindle. lol..
By ikon
#163417 man im thinkin its the mazda steelies. im going to pick up some honda ones. your one of the people who know how much shit this is givin me. i mean what the fuck? i did a lot of research last night and the general reason was wrong wheels or loose lugs.
By teal_dx
#163483 are the steelies hubcentric or is there some space between the hub and the wheel, putting the stress on the lugs?

Also are you using the right kind of lug nuts for the wheel? For example using a conical instead of a ball seat could come loose, if your wheels require a ball seat (oem honda wheels do). Using a honda lug nut which is ball seat on a wheel that uses a conical lug could also loosen.
By ikon
#163519 im using the "acorn" ones. they are different than the ones the mazda had on it....... it had just regular bolts.
By ikon
#163524 they were nuts like this

but im ditchin the mazda wheels and gettin oem honda steelies. ill keep yall posted. :thumb:
By PandaHatch
#163558 THATS SOME CRAZY SHIT... Are the lugs coming loose..can you tell or are they just all of the sudden snapping?
By ikon
#163566 just snappin without warning dude....... tell me bout it.
By PandaHatch
#163569 any wheel that usually is prone to it?? i would scrap the wheels if off a mazda maybe try steelies or something and see if it still does it. are you over tightening the lugs?