What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By ikon
#162641 i was testing my tie rods and when i gripped the rotor to try to shake it the rotor wobbles even if i hold the tie rod still. im thinkin that when i hammered in the new studs i loosened the hub assembly...... possible? :? if so can i just hammer it back on?
By Classiccarsrule85
ikon wrote:i was testing my tie rods and when i gripped the rotor to try to shake it the rotor wobbles even if i hold the tie rod still. im thinkin that when i hammered in the new studs i loosened the hub assembly...... possible? :? if so can i just hammer it back on?

put the tire on just to make sure have it jacked in the air if there is excessive play in the up down left right motion you may need a new wheel bearing .......happened to my subaru i hit it so hard i loosened the wheel bearing and well its always better to replace
By ikon
#162649 i know how the directions of play work but my rotors were loose. it was the screws that hold the rotor on though. i dnt know how they came loose. thanks for the response though. :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
ikon wrote:i know how the directions of play work but my rotors were loose. it was the screws that hold the rotor on though. i dnt know how they came loose. thanks for the response though. :thumb:

yea i thought they where either you where missing one or they werent on there i dont run'em lol thats why i said just put your tire on and see since the tire holds everything together that way.....
By Dippin_EG
#162656 most people just trash those screws (i dont) because you dont necassarily need them. the lugs hold the rotor down just as much. ive had a few civics without them and the rotor still didnt move.
By ikon
#162660 yeah once the wheel is tightened on but..... i thought that the hub assembly was loose and i was worried. :oops:
By Baby Carlos
#162670 you get the tie rod installed buddy? I ordered my trans today so I'll be able to drive again hopefully before 2010 :woot:
By ikon
#162718 yeah man. lets just rip apart the old tranny and put the pugs in it. :lol:
By Baby Carlos
ikon wrote:yeah man. lets just rip apart the old tranny and put the pugs in it. :lol:

Lets do it, Shady went home so I'm free til tom evenin if ya wanna lift or car swoll