What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By ikon
#161902 what are the symptoms of a bad wheel bearing?
By teal_dx
#161940 excessive tire wear and wheel play. I had a rear bearing that made a knocking noise over bumps.

grab the tire and try to wiggle it back and forth from side to side, then top to bottom. If it wiggles both ways, then it's prob the wheel bearing.

If it only wiggles top to bottom, most likely a ball joint. If it wiggles only side to side, then most likely tie rod end.

If it is on the rear, it's the wheel bearing if it has play in any direction
By ikon
#162091 good info teal. i appreciate it. :thumb:
By Dippin_EG
#162105 lol, i bet everyone who has read this thread made the noise with their mouth.... whom whom whom whom whom :lol: :lol:
By SMiLeFoRSuPRa
#162429 hey guys i feel i have a similar problem i feel like i am only getting full power out of one wheel and the other one is just rolling along. Now when i went for an inspection a while ago they told me my steering rack was leakin power steering fluid and it needed to be replaced and the ball joint on my front right wheel needed to be replaced as well. So most likely thats why my car feels wierd because i let the problem get worse. Now my question is where can i find a reliable and trustworthy site with oem parts for my civic such as steering rack? yes i do know how to use google and search engine i just want a website(s) that isnt random and people would use for there own cars.
By Greasedmonkey
egsedanguy wrote:dont forget the humming noise. usually start to here the noise at about 35-40mph. whom whom whom whom whom. kinda like that.lol

the one I just replaced did this...as well as growl at me during corners.