What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By Treezy
#157819 I'm looking for a set of bronze rims, preferably 5-star or close to it. I like the STi rims and the Rota Grids for reference to styles/color. They'll be mounted against a deep black cherry paint scheme on the car. I'm also not sure what size to go with. I like 17's.. The car will be 350-550hp, but will be used mainly for show and occassional driving at the lower end of that range. Plus, it'll be on air so I have to watch the sizing and offset.

If you have any suggestions for rims, I'd really appreciate it!
By dawg316
#157843 17's are too big for eg's. 15" are what i prefer but for show 16"s wont hurt.

for red cars i like bronze rota c10's. white sprint harts or white rega masters. all with red lugs. rota's will be cheaper, but the other 2 are expensiver but have that certain jdm factor 8)
By Treezy
#157877 You haven't seen my car.. I'm not into jdm. And I'm actually rocking Drag Dr-8 17's on it right now with absolutely no problem. Before that were Vault Jade 16's. I'm leaning towards the Rotas, but I know there's still plenty out there I haven't seen yet. I contacted Yokohama about a set (can't remember the name), but they wanted $2,300 for them.., custom built specifically for my car and delivered in 6 weeks. Um, no thanks. Money wasn't the object, but why spend that kinda cash when your average everyday person at a show won't know the difference between it and a knock-off anyway? Especially at the stage I was at in the build. They may be nice, but I just assume by something nice for less and using the rest of that cash towards something else.. like hookers.., or penicillan for afterward :lol:
By 93cxhb
#157878 got any pics of your car ?
By Treezy
#157887 Here's a link to the most recent side shot:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=45627385

The car was put on hold this season so I could show my s10 show/drag truck. Now that it's gone, when I return from deployment I plan on a complete makeover, which will include the paint and rims. This pic shows the civic on 17's and slammed in the back on bags.
By Treezy
#157905 That's what I'm not sure about.. I'm not a wheel whore and haven't really gotten into it. I want something that's going to look good, but it still has to be able to clear the fender when I drop it. Right now the car sits on the tires. I don't wanna cut anything right now, so stock measurments inside the fender well still apply.
By teal_dx
#157916 what about pulling/rolling your fender? The low offset look is hot right now, but you'll need to roll your fender and really drop your car so you get some neg camber to help clear.
Not practical for daily driving but looks hot when done right 8)

There's lots of people stuffing 15x8 and 16x8 with +15 offsets under rolled EG fenders.
By Treezy
#158003 I'm installing Seibon fenders, so rolling is out of the question. Yeah, the camber will definitely be kicked when it's slammed, but when I raise it, it'll straighten out for driveability. Since it'll be used for show as it's primary purpose, I would like to use the largest rim setup possible and still retain it's functionality for when it hits the autostrada. I like 17's personally, and like I said I'm not into the JDM aspect so that has no bearing on my project. I did have 16's previously and they were okay, just concerned that when I put low-pro tires on them, they left way too much room in the well.. Especially when I kick the camber, having a 17 will increase the volume of the well without leaving such a gap at ride height. Thanks Teal..