What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By KingcoupeO
#154202 anyone ever done this
come across a set of skunk 2 entended studs brand new,
was wondering how hard these are to intall or remove the old ones .
i will also need to purchase straight through lugs correct ?
By Apexracing
#154326 yes you will need longer lug nuts or ones with threads all the way through,
Last edited by Apexracing on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chnzgoofball
#155292 there is a couple ways to my knowledge to put them in

first is remove everything to put it in brake rotors, pads, caliper and bracket and press out the hub

second way is dremel some of the "hub cover" (dunno the exact name) to fit them in cuz this is the part that gets in the way
By dawg316
#155343 i herd of just grinding a lil bit of the head off the new lug stud so you can squeeze it from the back and hammer it in that way.
By KingcoupeO
#155346 yea im guna have to look into it .. see how much time and all that is guna go into it .
By JUICE
#155349 was gonna do mine today but we ran out of time (ARP extended studs). you can possibly get away with replacing the fronts with stock studs but definitely not extendeds without popping the wheel bearing.. rear drums, they should go right in. rear disc, new hub bearings. so look at spending at least about $100 for the front bearings. and another $200 for rear hubs (rear disc only)

edit: found out i dont have to get new hub bearings to do the studs on the rear discs.
Last edited by JUICE on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
By KingcoupeO
#156310 ok so im stationed on ft hood and we have whats claled sprocket auto kraft its like a massive 30 bay building with everytool you ever need times a hundred, lifts, machine equipment hand tools power and air tools by the thousands, i go the studs im guna go there with wheel bearings , and my head down and attempt, i so far have done everyhig to my car accept an alignment , and i am determined to do this , no one seems to have done it and documented it step by step, on any forum at least that i have found , as far as im concerned with extended stronger studs the value of esp a honda with great tunning work already into it it starts taking it to the next level , it isnt simple bolt on at least not to me and im pretty damn mechanicly inclined , so i will let you know how it goes , i have some support but not much .... they are guna look bad ass i hope...
By JUICE
{ikon}EM1 wrote:will it be harder for theves to take ur rims if u have extended studs????

nnnnnope.

maybe some fancy lugs....