What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By iroccu
#137956 Ok guys im wantin to get a set of widened steelies for my Si hatch. I know some people dont like them and some people think its just VW thing but i like them. I want to go with a staggered look so i was thinkin of goin wit 15x7 fronts and 15x8 rears. What size tires would i want to go with front and back for a low profile look? Keep in mind its a daily driver with adjustable coilovers but my fenders arent rolled. Basically i want an aggressive look but it still has to be driver friendly (no rubbing etc.). I already looked "teal_dx's" tire calculator thread but it doesnt answer my question according to what im trying to do...I dont need anyones opinion on my wheel choice but i would appreciate help with my questions... Oh by the way if anyone knows of a place to get widened steelies or someone who does them in northeastern Ohio (im in Youngstown) it would be appreciated. I found a place like an hour and a half from me but im trying to find somewhere closer... Thanks guys. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#138009 To determine tire size we will need to know the offset of the final rim. On the rear especially you'll probably need to stretch the tire a little. Are you trying to keep the same overall diameter as stock for a correct speedo reading?
The ride height of your car and camber will also come into effect, as you may rub. You should plan on rolling your fenders for sure, especially with 15x8"
There's a place in MI called Weldcraft who widens wheels. :thumb: