What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By CaptEG55
#123913 How ya guys doing? Last night, while heading to the the park to play baseball
with the guys, i smashed on my friends new Si after being happy that my single cam smashed on a new Si m brakes locked and i hit a curb. My Rota was gone. but i heard that if i send it to Rota i can get a new one, anyone know if this is true? pweeaaaseee need help
By teal_dx
#124008 no, don't waste your time shipping to rota. No wheel manufacturer will replace a wheel after you damage it on a curb - your fault. I'd buy another wheel and find something creative to do with your old one:
Hose reel, heavy frisbee, practice polishing or painting, roll it down a huge hill, melt it down etc
By CaptEG55
#124132 =[[ thanks alot teal, you have made my day, kinda.
By matt is (eg6)
#124220 yeah keep the old one for something cool i have all kinds of parts and stuff in my room lol but just get a new one sorry about the bad luck
By Chance
#124263 Pic of wheel? maybe make a demotivational pic with it..
ROTA'S
Dont like curbs.

:P
By teal_dx
#124312 I got an old 16x7" curbed wheel that I'm saving to make a hose reel. I saved an old worn out rear wheel hub/bearing as well, so it's gonna spin 8)
Now I just need the garage to build it in - wife isn't down for putting it on the outside of our house :?
By Chance
teal_dx wrote:I got an old 16x7" curbed wheel that I'm saving to make a hose reel. I saved an old worn out rear wheel hub/bearing as well, so it's gonna spin 8)

sweet!!! I wanna see pics hurry up and make it :P

teal_dx wrote:Now I just need the garage to build it in - wife isn't down for putting it on the outside of our house :?

wuuuuut? thats lame..

Could slap a piece of glass on top and have a coffee table :thumb:
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:no, don't waste your time shipping to rota. No wheel manufacturer will replace a wheel after you damage it on a curb - your fault. I'd buy another wheel and find something creative to do with your old one:
Hose reel, heavy frisbee, practice polishing or painting, roll it down a huge hill, melt it down etc

lol man i would so roll it down a hill. that never gets old. just think if you played frisbee with it and got hit in the teeth :lol: o man good times good times.
By teal_dx
Chance wrote:Could slap a piece of glass on top and have a coffee table :thumb:

I have a bad block that I want to make a coffee table out of one day. well maybe an end table, d16 blocks are pretty small.

I think I'm going to flip it upside down and put the rods/pistons upside down on the crank & leave off the girdle. Then tack them in place so the glass will sit on the surface of the pistons. Or flip the whole idea upside down and make the pistons the feet if it's sturdy enough. wire up a few LED's inside or a small neon and everyone will be jealousy - except my wife, she will think it's stupid lol.

I wanted to do something with the sleeves and have them holding/cooling cans of beer but that got too complicated plus the sleeves would get rusty from moisture/condensation.

I have all kinds of old scrap parts... I just need a garage to put all my parts built furniture in :hehe:
By Chance
#124380 Could clear coat the sleeves to jprevent rust :wink: Frik Im jealous just imagining this.. its ok though dude my wife thinks im retarded for ideas similar to that also. those dang females :P
By matt is (eg6)
#124557 im glad im not married lol im 17 so my mom is the one that laughs at me when i do this stuff..... i have a 16'' wide m/t slick for a coffee table in my room lol
By Chance
matt is (eg6) wrote:im glad im not married lol im 17 so my mom is the one that laughs at me when i do this stuff.....ol

Soon enough other females in your life whether it be GF's or wife/s.. they will laugh at you. :P
By matt is (eg6)
#124580 all my gf said was that she could smell the rubber... but i know she was laughing at me on the inside lol
By CaptEG55
#124601 Image