Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 3kkl3sia
#119097 idk if i spelled that right but anyway.

Classiccarsfule85 was changing my breaks for me today, got the front ones fine and realized the reason my ABS was going off was because the back pads, being a EX i have the 4 disk brakes. upon taking the wheel off we noticed that those pads look like the stock ones from 94, they were old as shit. my e-brake doesn't work and think its becuase ones he got the pads off he saw that the pinion is stuck which is pushing my pads down so im just wearing them down and its makeing a awful squeek noise.

anyone got any tips on how to get this pinion un-stuck. i just found some P-B blaster so when i go rebuy the pads ill take it down there and see if we can get it, but in the mean time. anyone have any ideas/tips to get this thing loose?
By teal_dx
#119099 it's common for calipers to seize up when they get old. They just seem to wear down and stop working, especially on the rear of cars where they don't do as much as the fronts. I've had it happen on a couple cars in the past. I would replace the whole caliper.
By 3kkl3sia
#119100 yeah the more i think about it the smarter it would be to just replace it, we noticed that everything under the car is brand new or if not close. ill look in my nice stack of receipts from 94 till now the guy gave me when i got the car and see if they have ever been replaced.

Thanks