Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By TurboHatch
#92474 good to know, having to invert the ep3 calipers is a bummer and makes using them not ideal unless you already have them or its all you can find or afford.
By asianrob
TurboHatch wrote:
DC4rob wrote:just to let you know... the RSX and 97-01 ITR rear brake calipers are the same... soo yea... they do have different part #'s tho

?? this DIY doesn't use calipers from a RSX or a ITR, unless you meant to say the caliper brackets are the same? i cant promise any other mix and match will work, all i can say is what i posted works perfect.

i was talking about the rears.. lol but yea when i was doing research on the 5 lug conversion i ran across this page on honda tech and i just happen to come across it. but that some odd time ago i think they said the rear calipers and the brackets... or the brackets lol if i can find that page i'll post it or send it to you in a pm... it might be just cheaper to get the rsx's rear calipers
By Greasedmonkey
DC4rob wrote:
TurboHatch wrote:
DC4rob wrote:just to let you know... the RSX and 97-01 ITR rear brake calipers are the same... soo yea... they do have different part #'s tho

?? this DIY doesn't use calipers from a RSX or a ITR, unless you meant to say the caliper brackets are the same? i cant promise any other mix and match will work, all i can say is what i posted works perfect.

i was talking about the rears.. lol but yea when i was doing research on the 5 lug conversion i ran across this page on honda tech and i just happen to come across it. but that some odd time ago i think they said the rear calipers and the brackets... or the brackets lol if i can find that page i'll post it or send it to you in a pm... it might be just cheaper to get the rsx's rear calipers

im pretty sure I know what thread you are talking about. Ive seen it and Im about to start getting all the parts together to try it. Im going to make a picture how to on it.
By xswingkidx
#92671 Good information on the additional options for brake upgrades. Thanks!
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:
DC4rob wrote:
TurboHatch wrote:

im pretty sure I know what thread you are talking about. Ive seen it and Im about to start getting all the parts together to try it. Im going to make a picture how to on it.

i think it is the same thread lol
By TurboHatch
#92853 ok i dug deeper into this and found that if you use RSX or EP3 calipers the bleeder will face down and make it a pain to bleed, also couple other buddys of mine have just done this DIY and they had no pad fitment issues using the same calipers as me, this means either i got pads that might have been thicker then typical or my calipers did not actually get cranked in all the way, i did stop turning them in when i saw the seal start to roll over, where as my buddys said they turned theirs in until they bottomed out. so there we have it the teg and si calipers work fine I just had a fluke in my install. if you want to use the RSX or EP3 calipers it wont fit any better or worse and you will have to bleed them while unbolted so that you can face the bleeders up.
By Bouli
#92878 I've got also 10.2" Rotors with EP3 calipers, bleeding was no pain in the ass though, cuz i bleed with a machine :thumb:

You'll need EP3 E-brake cables ass well, cuz everything is faced down.

The braking is delicious though :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#92923 You say you used the TEg or Si rear caliper, would that be the same as my stock caliper? I cant remember if mine is the same. I have a 93 Si. I have stock rear discs.
By Graham
#92929 Your rear discs are the same as a 96 spec ITR ones, the 98 spec ITR has larger rear brakes

If you want to use EP3 calipers you can put the left hand side on the right and vice versa so that the bleed nipple points up
By TurboHatch
Greasedmonkey wrote:You say you used the TEg or Si rear caliper, would that be the same as my stock caliper? I cant remember if mine is the same. I have a 93 Si. I have stock rear discs.

hmm I am sorry i dont know if the si is the same or not, since he said that yours are the same as the 96 ITR then i am going to say yes since the 96 ITR rear is the same as the 96 GSR which is the same from 94-01 on all tegs.
please let us know what you find out if you research this further.

as for swapping the calipers side to side i dont think you can do that and still hook up the ebrake properly. There is no benefit in using EP3 calipers over 99-00 si or 94-01 teg calipers if any thing its more of a pain in the ass due to the bleeders issue and having to swap the ebrake cable yet again if you already have the si or teg set up.
By Bouli
#92988 EP3 and 98spec itr rear calipers have a larger pot then the 96spec and VTI/SI ones.